GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 01:32:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: GoldenEye: Source Achievements  (Read 149772 times)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Beta 4 Achievements
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 04:45:05 pm »

My proposal for the icons of the following achievements:

Domino Effect
PSD

BOOM, HEADSHOT!!!
PSD

The Man Who Cannot Die
PSD
I chose Samedi for the pic because he actually is the man who cannot die in GE007.

Shaken, But Not Disturbed
PSD
PSD
PSD

I also had this one for the Scaramanga's Pride achievement, but The Cy beat me to it :D:

PSD

And this one for For England, Alec, but again, I was beaten by The Cy  ;):

PSD
The falling man is to represent Trevelyan fall at the end of GoldenEye and the clock in the BG is to represent the timed mines (the time, that is).

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 07:24:57 pm »

The man who cannot die is perfect!
I don't like the Alec one, it doesn't make much sense and the clock is a long stretch to timed mines.

Domino Effect

The first domino should be falling down onto the others, other than that I like it.

BOOM, HEADSHOT!!!

Ugh CSS... if nothing else comes that is better I'll use this one.

Shaken, But Not Disturbed

I am naming the levels Agent, Secret Agent, and 00 Agent like the weapons. I like the inclusion of the numbers, though. The martini needs a toothpick stick out of it (through the olives)

Scaramanga's Pride

I like this one more than Cy's since its a closeup of scaramanga and gets the point across better, but the 20 throws me off, take the 20 out and it'll be perfect (I think i can easily do that in the PSD).

GREAT SUBMISSION PPK!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 07:26:30 pm by killermonkey »

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 09:09:26 am »

Hmm... I think the martini had a toothpick, but it must have been lost when I stated messing with the picture :/

About the headshot one: I'll try and come up with other thing. To be honest, that was a bit rushed.

You can take out the 20 from the Scaramanga's one. It's on a separate layer, if I'm not mistaken. I'll also try to get a falling domino in place and scrap the Alec one.

EDIT:

The Shaken, But Not Disturbed ones, reworked:

PSD
PSD
PSD

The Scaramanga's pride without the number:

PSD

The reworked For England, Alec:

PSD

A new version of the BOOM, HEADSHOT!!!:

PSD
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 11:45:14 am by PPK »

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 12:00:19 pm »

oh awesome work !  your picture of the alec-award is much better than mine

idea for the domino effect: the face of the bond girl Domino in the front, surrounded by a chain of falling domino stones in the background
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 12:12:37 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 05:05:15 pm »

Don't like the idea of iron sights, which is mainly why we use the red crosshair in existing achievement icons. Although using the red crosshair again might get confusing to distinguish the achievements. Maybe we can stick with the CSS style, but put one of our characters head in place of the ski masked guy (jaws?).

Don't make the dominos one too complicated or abstract, the simple dominoes is enough to portray the spirit of the name and achievement without bringing the bond girl into it.

Maxaxle

• ge_paintball 1
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Maxaxle has no influence.
    • My site
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 08:22:20 pm »

Ancient History
Criteria: Be killed in Archives 100 times.

KM EDIT - First warning, read the first post before posting in this thread please. Also, I am not interested in doing level-based achievements. Thanks for the suggestion though!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 09:44:22 pm by killermonkey »

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 12:42:29 pm »

Licence to grill
Criteria: Earn 50 kills with the Rocket Launcher

Explosive Pie
Criteria: Suicide and kill an Opponent with the Granade Launcher

Last Agent Standing
Criteria: Be the Winner in YOLT ( 10 times )

Man on the moon
Criteria: Earn 50 kills with the Moonraker Laser

Bullets are forever / Make my Mayday
Criteria: Earn 25 kills with the Magnum

From Russia without love
Criteria: Earn 25 kills with the KF7 Soviet

Bullets are forever / Make my Mayday
Criteria: Earn 25 kills with the Magnum

Just a flesh wound
Criteria:Win a knife duel (10 times )
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 12:57:21 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2009, 12:54:20 pm »

Licence to grill
Criteria: Earn 50 kills with the Rocket Launcher

Last Agent Standing
Criteria: Be the Winner in YOLT ( 50 times )

Man on the moon
Criteria: Earn 100 kills with the Moonraker Laser
(agent, secret agent, 00 agent)

From Russia without love
Criteria: Earn 100 kills with the KF7 Soviet
(agent, secret agent, 00 agent)

I like them (with edits). Not digging the name of the KF7 one too much, maybe its just too generic since there are a lot of russian weapons in the game.

Make My Mayday
Critique: This is a GREAT name, for a Mayday based achievement. She needs another one to makeup for her fail in B3.1

Valentin also needs an achievement

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2009, 04:22:00 pm »

Regarding a Valentin achievement, I think we could work something out with his limp, Bond and a PP7.

Another one, but for rolling explosions:

Through the Fire and Flames
Criteria: be damaged by an two or more simultaneous explosions 100 times without dying.

Maybe it's a bit hard, but it could work...

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 07:14:19 pm »

Back from the dead
Criteria: Survive a headshot and explosion, then kill Bond as Janus in one life.

I assume surviving a headshot and explosion would be possible. It would probably have to be the very end or edge of an explosion. I added the kill Bond part for extra difficulty. Janus means Alec, not any Janus member.

I thought "For England, James" would be a great name for it, but it's already taken.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 07:47:04 pm by Storm101 »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2009, 09:05:19 pm »

Back from the dead
Critique: Would be easy to (a) Understand, and (b) Achieve:
As 006, kill Bond after surviving extensive damage taken from him (less than 10% health)

Through the Fire and Flames
Critique: It is not possible to detect separate instances of explosions for achievements. So we can simplify this by saying:

Survive massive explosive damage 100 times (damage > 50% health).

I will put a timeout on this one, it will accumulate explosive damage taken within 0.5 seconds of each other to determine the final percentage that way walking through many small explosions will trigger the achievement.

Storm101

• 00 Agent
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2009, 09:21:59 pm »

Back from the dead
Critique: Would be easy to (a) Understand, and (b) Achieve:
As 006, kill Bond after surviving extensive damage taken from him (less than 10% health)

I think that makes it too easy, and is probably something that could be earned during your first time playing as 006. How about this:

Back from the dead
Criteria: As 006, survive a headshot and explosion from Bond, then kill him in the same life.

This ensures that it isn't earned in a common gun fight, and is more accurate to the movie/game. Though if that is too situational, then we can take out the headshot part (since Bond didn't shoot the headshot anyway, just an explosion).

Back from the dead
Criteria: As 006, survive an explosion from Bond, then kill him in the same life.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 09:36:38 pm by Storm101 »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2009, 09:43:26 pm »

I think that makes it too easy, and is probably something that could be earned during your first time playing as 006. How about this:

Back from the dead
Criteria: As 006, survive a headshot and explosion from Bond, then kill him in the same life.

The main problem with this is the damage criteria. If you are doling out headshots the probability that you switch to an explosive weapon and "try again" is extremely small. Therefore making it any type of damage (be it a LOT of damage) or just explosives is achievable. I can not think of a single instance in GE:S where I was giving headshots and decided to pull out an explosive weapon to finish off the *SAME* person.

Storm101

• 00 Agent
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2009, 09:47:03 pm »

Yeah, I see your point. That is why I added the second version without the headshot. It still somewhat replicates something from the movie/game, and takes skill to achieve. What do you think of it?

I can't make any icons, but my idea for the icon would be Alec's face (with emphasis on the scarring) in front of the statue where him and Bond meet.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 11:27:00 pm by Storm101 »

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 10:33:31 pm »

Besides, when I got an explosive, I'm running around using it...
so it would never be shoot first, then explode...
(well maybe if i had only like timed mines and I'd be running in a big area, I'd think I'd switch to a gun, but then again, I would have to run out of ammunition for every gun to switch back to the timed mines....)

My House
Criteria:
Win this game mode as Scaramanga
(if this game mode is considered, but even then it probably won't be in Beta 4, since it still lacks the map)

Valentine's Day
Criteria:
Play as Valentine and kill the following couples of characters (in order to kill a couple you have to kill one character quickly after the other):
- Alec and Xenia
- Boris and Natalya
- Bond and Natalya
- Bond and Xenia
(expandable by male/female scientist, civilians, moonraker elites, etc...)

Ladykiller
Criteria:
Kill every female character while playing as Bond

Make My Mayday
Criteria:
Play as Mayday and kill a player who shot you in the head with a headshot of the Cougar Magnum
(if it was detectable, which I doubt, I'd say kill a player pointing his/her gun at your head with the Cougar Magnum (maybe when you would die from the next hit, so if your health + body armory < headshot damage of your opponents weapon)
You could also include range in this one, meaning you have be very close to your enemy. All inspiration (except for the title which was brought up before) taken from here.

Golden Eye
Criteria:
Win a round without ever missing with a shot
alternate Criteria 1:
Score X headshots
alternate Criteria 2:
Score a headshot with every weapon
alternate Criteria 3:
Shot someone in the eye using a golden gun (requires another hitbox which doesn't do anything else than the headhitbox does but is way smaller and only used for this single achievement -.-)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 11:41:20 pm by coolDisguise »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21   Go Up