GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 24, 2024, 12:36:04 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: GE: Source Beta 1.5  (Read 23537 times)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
GE: Source Beta 1.5
« on: December 08, 2007, 06:17:26 am »

I was curious about beta2, will it have proper damage ratios? Ex: Shoot somebody in the head and die or shoot somebody in the arm and damage is less?) Also, will the guns balancing be better. It seems like I can shoot about 6 clips of 30 rounds of the ZMG into somebody and 2 shotgun shots will kill me instantly....I don't see how that is possible. Same goes with a lot of the other weapons. Anyway, Just wondering if that was more defined or better in beta2

Lax
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 09:01:02 am by bklax23 »

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
Re: GE: Source Beta2
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 06:19:23 am »

Unfortunay we rushed out beta 1 after nicksters passing. We have done alot to the damage and weapons, I cannot say what we have and have not done, but you will thank us in the comming months

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

CCsaint10

• CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 06:28:53 am »

Nice,

That is nice to know that you guys have been working on it. I think that is one determining factor if people like it or not. I sure get upset when someone DESERVES TO DIE and they dont after I unload. VERY frustrating. Sounds like Beta2 is going to be pretty awesome. I am so happy the community has such an awesome dev team to answer questions and make such an awesome and bug free game. You guys are amazing.

I still remember the day when Alpha was released. Man have you guys made strides since then. So cool. Now that I think about it, I have been playing this mod for around 2 years now. Love it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 06:31:13 am by bklax23 »

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • EduCatOR has no influence.
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 09:45:10 am »

I'm pretty sure damage has already been queued to different body positions, at least I know getting hit in the foot vs. getting hit in the head gives different damage. (I only say this after basing it on gameplay)

CCsaint10

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 01:26:19 am »

well, yeah its already in it...but it isn't balanced properly..You know what i mean? The weapons are one thing, but also....it just seems like some adjustments need to be made because it makes the game very frustrating.

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 11:03:43 pm »

Well I can tell you one thing, the next release's name is Beta 1.5 not beta 2. But other than that we are just mainly trying to fix up and finish somethings and test atm. We are working on balancing the weapons now that weapon sets are going to be implimented. An estimated release time is still unknown at this time.
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

CCsaint10

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 12:18:18 am »

so why is the next release beta 1.5...do you guys have like the amount of betas planned before the final release or something? Explain your reasoning behind it if you would. :)

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 01:17:39 am »

Well there are some internal requirements for beta 2, but they aren't possible at the moment.  It has been a while since the last release and we don't want to wait that long for another release, so we made the decision to go with beta 1.5 to try to get a release out quicker and not be held up by the beta 2 requirements. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

CCsaint10

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 07:00:52 pm »

Wait....are beta2 requirements like requirements you guys set or something else? Is there like a certain standard for a beta2 that you guys have to follow from or it just your guys perception of what beta2 should offer? I don't know if you are at liberty to say...but what kind of requirements are required for beta 2 that aren't possible yet? Thanks

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
    • My Site
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 07:25:41 pm »

It isn't anything special, we are just choosing to name this one beta 1.5 and the next release will be beta 2 for other reasons.
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

CCsaint10

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 09:22:06 pm »

Are the reasons...secret? I understand if they are, i was just curious what kind of features were "not possible" right now in beta 2.

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
    • My Site
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 09:39:30 pm »

It's not necessarily features, It is just the build, this upcoming 1.5 release will have most if not all the weapons in game and some more gametypes. It is for other reasons that this is called 1.5, because it isn't what we want to do for the 2.0 release and its not 1.1. So this update will not be lacking features and additional content.

Ravey

• Agent
  • Ravey has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2007, 12:39:37 am »

There's plenty of features, if this beta makes the experience smoother and adds a few new things it will be great.
The patches on the blog were a nice idea too, looking forward to the new release!

thanks,
- Ravey

CCsaint10

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2007, 04:37:56 am »

Cool, well thanks Ryan for clearing that. So that is kind of cool that you guys have a vision for Beta 2. I know that either way beta 1.5 will be awesome because of all the new weapons and bug fixes. I can't wait to see what kind of ideas you guys have planned for beta 2. Should be pretty cool.

lax

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
    • My Site
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2007, 08:34:10 pm »

We will probabily announce our plans for beta 2 when we release 1.5 so you guys aren't left in the dark about it too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up