GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:07:50 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with new server.  (Read 6044 times)

NegroCollegeFund

Help with new server.
« on: June 28, 2009, 02:27:37 am »

Hi, I just built a server and have tf2, css, and 2 samp servers running and all went fine. However, the GE:S server won't connect. It is there, I can add it to favorites and see it on the internet list, but when i try to connect, a progress bar appears and then disappears at the second bar of progress. I can connect to other servers, and I've had others try to connect to mine to no avail. How can I begin to remedy this? Anything else I should know while I'm here in regards to opening a server? In addition, I wanted to see how this marquee command works. Thanks fellas, and totally badass game, I shat brix when I found goldeneye 64 for pc.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Help with new server.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 04:11:17 am »

did you make sure the download content for the engine was the "Orangebox" files and not "tf"?

Step 3: http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Beta3_Server_Install

All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

NegroCollegeFund

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 04:07:12 pm »

Yessir, and all files are up to date. I precisely followed the directions on that page.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 04:42:08 pm »

I shat brix when I found goldeneye 64 for pc.

I shat brix this morning, but that might have been the taco bell

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 10:50:17 pm »

I want you to do the following:

1. Enable the developer console (press ~ to bring it up) through the options menu.
2. Bring up the console (press ~)
3. Type in: developer 1
4. Press Enter
5. Type in: connect <server ip address>:27015
    ex. connect 68.33.45.22:27015
6. After it fails, go back into the console and copy everything you can and paste it on this thread between [code ] [/code ] brackets

Pyrokid

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pyrokid has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 05:04:53 am »

Hi I'm working on the server with him.

I followed those instructions and got just this:

"Invalid Steam key size."

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 05:32:36 am »

All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 09:46:10 am »

This issue is caused by valve changing the Steam ID's for the OrangeBox based games.
Before it was STEAM_0... now it's STEAM_1... rest of the ID remains the same.

However, i think the not updated mods (notice, there's a patch to 3.1.4 for GES which ain't got the problem anymore) still sending the old ID's while the servers would only accept the new ones, or vice verse.

Be sure to have the latest version of GES installed AND your server is updated to the latest version, too.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 01:04:57 pm »

Update your source dedicated server by typing the following into your command prompt:

c:\[PATH_TO_SRCDS]\hldsupdatetool -command update -game "orangebox" -dir C:\[PATH_TO_SRCDS] -verify_all

Then make sure you have a steam.inf file in your /gesource directory.
If you don't create one and open it in notepad then input:
Code: [Select]
appID=218
and save.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 01:06:45 pm by killermonkey »

Pyrokid

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pyrokid has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 04:24:28 pm »

Worked. Thanks.