GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:24:51 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C++ Programmer  (Read 8630 times)

dyork

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • dyork has no influence.
    • DustinYork.com
C++ Programmer
« on: September 12, 2008, 02:47:30 am »

Howdy all,

I'd like to participate. I'm 90% certain I have VS2005. I'm pretty comfortable with C++ and want to learn Game Programming. I've been reading up for quite a bit and have a good understanding of games. I played a little with Torque though nothing of value. I've mainly been focusing on DirectX and doing more back end stuff.

As for a portfolio here's what I got:
http://dustinyork.com/projects/NetWars/

It's far from complete, but it basic game using DirectX3D and Box2D. It's a little overkill for the game as it's only 2D but I wanted to learn scene graphs and so forth.

As for Revision control Software. I'm comfortable with Source Depot (Basicaly Perforce) and SVN.

I'm also comfortable looking through code and modifying it. My last job I work on a customize version of RequestTracker, with heavy modification, though it was in Perl.

As for my Experience - I'm a college grad (2004) whose been working in webdev for 6 or so years and I'm now working as a Builder for Microsoft.

Time I could offer. I'd want to see how wrapped up I get into the project. The more I dig it the more time I'd be willing to spend. But I should be able to finagle 4-10 hours/week with out a problem.

I hope that helps,
Thanks

Dustin York

P.S. I'm friends with VadimRed13.

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
Re: C++ Programmer
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 03:06:22 am »

man, if we get three programmers, I might have a baby named boris
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 04:11:40 am »

WHERE THE HELL ARE ALL THESE CODERS COMING FROM AND WHERE WERE THEY 6 MONTHS AGO.

Oh, hi my name is Ryan, Killermonkey should be around to check out your stuff soon.
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 07:43:27 pm »

Wow I really love your programming style. Mainly because it is academic and like mine ;-)

I came from a background of creating simple DX games as well so this is great, you know the mechanics behind the game itself. I would love to see you trial and I have some advanced trial projects I want you to try. Please download the Source SDK and start delving into the Orange Box code. You will need to have a basic understanding of what I mean by Player, Game Rules, VGUI, and Network Traffic. Paruse this wiki to find out more info: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Category:Programming

Please contact me on AIM (killermonkey01)

dyork

• Agent
    • DustinYork.com
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 08:12:11 pm »

I've already began the Programming tutorial.

I've officially compiled my FirstMod, though as of yet it doesn't do anything. I'll spend some more time figuring out the basics. So hopefully this weekend I'll be ready.

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 11:11:37 pm »

bumped to trial cant wait to see what you can do
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

dyork

• Agent
    • DustinYork.com
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 08:54:22 pm »

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still going through the tutorial. So I'm hoping I'll be ready for the test by next weekend. In the mean time I'm going through the tutorials to get a general idea of how Modding source works.

aight- cya.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 11:30:16 pm »

Yep I know, just take your time, we are chugging away in the interim

Generalwax

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 07:51:26 pm »

still need more programmers? I am an Oregon Tech student and have plenty of programming experiance in C++, vb.net, java, etc.

Let me know exactly what you would like.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 09:38:16 pm »

[CAM]? Columbia Aircraft Manufacture? and OIT is a cool school.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 05:57:52 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 05:48:46 am »

yah we do, pm me your resume and we'll talk offline
Pages: [1]   Go Up