GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:17:05 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: :-/ this would happen to me.. Sound stopped?  (Read 4394 times)

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
:-/ this would happen to me.. Sound stopped?
« on: September 27, 2010, 09:31:40 pm »

So i just got a new headset in the mail and I'm freakin stoked! So i plug it in, turn on winamp and my music sounds amazing, way more bass than i was having before.. etc... so i open up tf2 to test my mic settings and i'm getting no in-game sound.. so i restart my computer and now i'm not getting ANY sound..

I have a Realtek AC97 onboard and i realllllllllly would like any/all suggestions..?

There is no [!] by my shit in device manager..
I tried using the Windows FixIt and nothing.. It says it's disabled but when i click to enable it it says it's enabled and my only choice is to disable it.. so i do.. and re-enable it and still nothing

edit: ok so i can right click it and hit test on the FixIt program and it makes sounds in each ear.. so i know this shit should be working
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 09:34:43 pm by Sp1nn3y »

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • mookie is looked down upon.
Re: :-/ this would happen to me.. Sound stopped?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 10:09:16 pm »

Can't you just delete the device and reboot?
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 10:18:58 pm »

Lol sorry guys i jumped the gun.. i did a system restore and it works 100%..

</dumbass>

Yeeah... delete if wanted lol.. I DO recommend doing a day-back system restore to anyone with similar problems!

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 05:53:38 am »

Well there's an alternative you could had tried before system restoring, But I hardly doubt that was it.

On Windows 7, Go to sound options in control panel, Then put it as default device.

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 01:35:35 pm »

Well there's an alternative you could had tried before system restoring, But I hardly doubt that was it.

On Windows 7, Go to sound options in control panel, Then put it as default device.

Yeah, Vista too.. But that's the thing though, it says it was enabled but that FixIT program says it was disabled.. some update happened on my CPU overnight about my sound driver.. idk but rolling back worked awesome-like :D

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 06:34:06 pm »

Losing sound seems to be a problem with the AC97 driver.  You wouldn't happen to have a Gigabyte motherboard would you?

Re-installing the audio driver from the mobo's site will would as well, but glad to hear that you figured it out!

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 04:26:15 am »

Losing sound seems to be a problem with the AC97 driver.  You wouldn't happen to have a Gigabyte motherboard would you?

Re-installing the audio driver from the mobo's site will would as well, but glad to hear that you figured it out!

Yes, the AC97 drivers are fucking crap. My moms pc which is also a Gigabyte and my other computer which is a gigabyte also had sound issues in the past. Mostly likey its a driver issue. Just a uninstall and reinstall worked fine.

I should let Realtek know to get there drivers not buggy. Heck we are paying and getting shitty software.

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 10:51:56 pm »

Aye.
Pages: [1]   Go Up