GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:26:39 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions About Achievements for Skins & Special Weapons  (Read 7443 times)

Spry

• I Feel So Funky
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Spry has no influence.
Questions About Achievements for Skins & Special Weapons
« on: July 11, 2018, 04:54:37 am »

Hey all, I recently decided that shiny achievement badge would look really nice next to my name on scoreboards, so I've been actively trying to get them.

I lost the Ivory DD44 in a harddrive crash last year, so I'm wondering if there's another way to get special skins for the Suave achievement. Can I use the Ivory DD44 if I kill a player using it in gun trade, and is there another way to get skins for other weapons?

Similar situation for the special Klobb achievements. Killing/dying to a developer is self-explanatory, but is there a place developers play for those achievements? I have yet to meet one in a server. Developer & Beta Tester skins make sense, but how do I find a Community skin? I'm not sure what those are. Can they also be picked up in gun trade? I'm assuming regular players aren't locked off from getting certain achievements, I just can't figure out what I'm supposed to do to get them.

Sorry for all the questions, couldn't find these anywhere and I'm not completely sure how they work.  ???

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Questions About Achievements for Skins & Special Weapons
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 05:54:56 pm »

Hello!
If you kill someone who has a skin in gun trade, you will indeed pick up his skinned gun, but you won't actually have it, you'll just wield it until you trade guns again or you die. Same thing with every skin on every other gamemode. I'd recommend trying to play deathmatch as you have more chances to pick up Ivory DD44's than in gun trade.
I am unsure whether there are currently unlockable skins or not.

The devs and beta testers are usually found hanging out in Entropy-Server, but some of us play in other places too, you might find some Beta Testers/Devs in Graslu's server and Traitor's Gate Memorial sometimes. Just don't expect to see any of us in 24/7 LTK or Arsenal servers, most of us usually do not play on those, if not all of us.

The community skin is awarded to some people in the community who have been exemplary to contributing some services to the mod, such as Jest from JestServers, who has been providing servers for the game for nearly a decade.
Unfortunately, all users with the community klobb skin are no longer active as far as I know.

Spry

• I Feel So Funky
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Spry has no influence.
Re: Questions About Achievements for Skins & Special Weapons
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 12:51:34 am »

Great, thanks a lot!
Pages: [1]   Go Up