GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:11:09 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update 01/19/10 [January Report] Teaser Video!  (Read 42079 times)

7SEALS

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • 7SEALS is looked down upon.
Re: GES Update 01/19/10 [January Report] Teaser Video!
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 05:47:18 pm »

Great looking release guys. I totally forgot this mod was still going. Keep up the good work.

Meetloaf13

• Agent
  • Meetloaf13 has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 06:12:47 pm »

No knocks on leaving out a release date, I understand there are a lot of things that must come together to get b4 out in the form you would like.

Any time-frame though?  I won't hold you to it, just curious when, how often I should check back =]

Thanks for the great work...and the trailer was SWEEEEEET!

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 08:03:18 pm »

The RCP90's new muzzle flare effects are nothing short of perfection.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 08:28:14 pm »

Any time-frame though?  I won't hold you to it, just curious when, how often I should check back =]

Definitely within 30 days

RelyT

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 08:52:36 pm »

Good work.  Looks great.  I'm excited.  I want it.  Give it to me.  Such a tease...

Meetloaf13

• Agent
  • Meetloaf13 has no influence.
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010, 09:37:51 pm »

Definitely within 30 days

That is delicious!  =]

I am spreading the word as we speak =]

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2010, 11:26:27 pm »

Ok you know what ? Screw Black Mesa, THIS is my mod of 2010.

Thanks for this awesome update! Can't wait for beta 4.
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Bread Mustache

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2010, 02:03:24 am »

Wow, it's been a couple years since I've been here.  I used to hang out in the pre-Alpha/beta1 days and I remember you guys releasing Alpha 1 on Christmas eve and staying up all night playing with seemed like the entire forum along with some of the devs.
I randomly decided to check back today and I got this kickass video.
It's amazing to see how far this thing has come over the past couple years. Keep it up.

LuckySeven

• Agent
  • LuckySeven has no influence.
    • The harlequin
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2010, 03:04:55 am »

Sweet cant wait
~Harlequin~
       Australian multi-game Clan.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2010, 05:06:38 am »

Wow, it's been a couple years since I've been here.  I used to hang out in the pre-Alpha/beta1 days and I remember you guys releasing Alpha 1 on Christmas eve and staying up all night playing with seemed like the entire forum along with some of the devs.
I randomly decided to check back today and I got this kickass video.
It's amazing to see how far this thing has come over the past couple years. Keep it up.

Stick around, the best few hundred fans and devs still call GoldenEye: Source home. The forums might look different and we might make more professional moves these days, but we do it for the fanbase. <3

So stay tuned and involved, you wouldnt regret it.

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2010, 06:02:08 am »

Facility Backzone has always been my favorite by far in the original, and this is no different! Amazing job by the whole team as always.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2010, 12:29:09 am »

I really love the attention to detail in Backzone, it looks so close to how it looks in the film! Not just the bottling tanks, but all the lights and pipes, even small details you barely notice like the writing above the conveyorbelt exit.

It never stops impressing me.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 12:30:47 am by Mangley »
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Bread Mustache

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2010, 05:47:35 am »

Stick around, the best few hundred fans and devs still call GoldenEye: Source home. The forums might look different and we might make more professional moves these days, but we do it for the fanbase. <3

So stay tuned and involved, you wouldnt regret it.

I plan on it. I played the beta 3 today for the first time and even that is a huge jump from the b1 days. Can't wait for beta 4.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2010, 10:37:18 am »

after watching this awesome trailer a hundred times, I have noticed that the laser beam of the moonraker seems slightly to come out of nowhere when firing..but it´s all going very fast, so I can possibly be wrong
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 10:57:38 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2010, 01:06:15 pm »

No, it is a problem.  In short, if we emit the beam from the weapon like it should be, you can stick it through a wall that is too thick for the beam to penetrate, causing tracers to punch through that aren't actually valid beams.  We backed it up behind the player so it would only penetrate when it should, but that also makes it look glitchy.

We'll probably get it figured out but if we don't we'll probably just leave it alone and fix it in 4.1 or 5.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up