GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 08:06:36 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update 02/14/10 [19th Feb : Release Info]  (Read 39351 times)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: GES Update 02/14/10 [19th Feb : Release Info]
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2010, 04:43:46 pm »

@mangley; actually most of the songs aren`t rebuild 1:1 - that would be boring. We want to take the great base of Norgate`s music and take it to a new dimension or a new level if you will.
So we take the original songs as a base but we feel free to add things or let things out in order to make a good overall appearance fitting together with each composer`s style.
This part you`ve mentioned is a very quiet part. In my specific Aztec version I replaced this section by a much more melodic and bassy part in order to keep the flow going.

I hope you can get used to that though because we really don`t wanna make 1:1 music conversions from the GE64 but make them more modern and interesting + add new dimension.

Greets

Yeah I understand that and I love what you've done with the track, I just curious about your reasons for changing that part. Thanks  :)
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Goldenzen

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!
    • GoldenZen music - Nothing`s impossible
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2010, 05:20:29 pm »

You`re welcome, questions are always welcome :)

Cheers
"...ни однохо выздоха...гдые вашй.... I`m alone" Россия

опасно - не входитъ - Ыанник

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2010, 05:24:19 pm »

The rocket not leaving from the barrel is a Source Engine limitation. Either the rocket leaves from the barrel in first person view or it leaves from the barrel in third person view. We opted for the first person for obvious reasons. There is no way around this limitation without significant changes to the way projectiles are manifested.

If you take a close look at the TF2 soldier you will see that the rocket doesn't leave from his barrel either in thirdperson view.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2010, 06:23:38 pm »

Yeah I understand that the projectile can't be part of the model. However I was thinking more along the lines of a first-person weapon animation where that part of the rocket launcher simply disappears when you fire and reappears when you reload, giving the impression that it was the projectile.

A similar thing could be done with the shotgun shells on the shotguns with regards to how much reserve ammunition you have.

Anyway, that was just my two cents.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2010, 06:24:45 pm »

Two more days? Yup. Too bad I cant play :/. damn laptop :(

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Kujo

• Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Kujo has no influence.
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2010, 09:33:18 pm »

what happened to your PC SharpSh00tah? and depending on the laptop, you can play at lower settings. I've got an old Pentium 4 laptop that runs beta3 alright at lower settings.

terps4life90

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2010, 09:33:50 pm »

I would love to see what the train level would like that, i bet you guys will come up with something bad-ass like you always do lol!!!!

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2010, 09:41:56 pm »

what happened to your PC SharpSh00tah? and depending on the laptop, you can play at lower settings. I've got an old Pentium 4 laptop that runs beta3 alright at lower settings.

My PC took a shit :p. my laptop runs vista with 256MB ram... Yea, its slow.

I would love to see what the train level would like that, i bet you guys will come up with something bad-ass like you always do lol!!!!

Oh yea bud, it will be.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Kujo

• Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Kujo has no influence.
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2010, 09:55:32 pm »

Tip: Get rid of vista!

You'd be way better off going back to xp with that, then you'd probably be fine for GE:S =]

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2010, 10:37:19 pm »

not-so-great looking Moonraker tracers... did those ever get fixed to look more nostalgic and actually visible or are they going to look like what we saw in that video?

The tracers in the video were REALLY old and looked very bad. In my opinion, they are 100% better now than they were during that video. But as killermonkey already said, they aren't exactly the optimal. It does look like it is an actual beam now..not one little blue dot coming out like it was in the teaser. I am fairly satisfied with it when firing in first person view, not so much third person but it was either the first person view or the third person view that would look funky, and I agree with the developers that first person view was more important at this time. Rodney begs to differ..... ;)

anyways, just figured i would give you a second opinion on the lasers.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

czarofthefrozentundra

• Agent
  • czarofthefrozentundra has no influence.
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2010, 01:06:37 am »

Just was on moddb and saw the announcement!  Very excited and already emailed everyone I know about it.   ;D 

terps4life90

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2010, 01:56:20 am »

I thought Bunker is going to be addes in BETA 4. Great work guys. I am very prouid of you, and your work. 3 Years ago, i never thought, that GoldenEye: Source excists. Now it is hear, better then ever.
A dream for every GoldnEye: 007 Fan.

Very great. I can´t say more. JUST COOL

The bunker will be in GE:S beta 4 but not in the release because they are not finished with the level itself.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2010, 07:49:33 am »

The bunker will be in GE:S beta 4 but not in the release because they are not finished with the level itself.

Correction, Bunker will NOT be in beta 4. It is being completely redone and will most likely make the next version of the game. There is a community bunker map that might be finished here soon, but no word on that recently.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2010, 08:58:26 am »

The tracers in the video were REALLY old and looked very bad. In my opinion, they are 100% better now than they were during that video.
+1 for laser tracers looking much better now than they did in the video.

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2010, 02:03:39 pm »

Yeah i am wonderring how the train would look in GE:S. I am also wondering how the Dam look. Are there any picture from thoose maps ?
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up