GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:51:51 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue: game crashes at main menu  (Read 5351 times)

AzureNightmare

Issue: game crashes at main menu
« on: February 20, 2010, 05:15:23 am »

the loading sequence for the title screen seems to crash hl2.exe consistently. If you need more information let me know.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Issue: game crashes at main menu
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 05:31:23 am »

Add -novid to the command line. This will disable the startup video which can be incompatible with some graphics cards.

AzureNightmare

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 05:35:22 am »

the advice is much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Edit: The game is still crashing at the loading screen.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 05:48:55 am by AzureNightmare »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 04:04:17 pm »

Reinstall source sdk base 2007. Then RUN Source SDK Base 2007 to load the files onto your HD. Then load GoldenEye Source.

AzureNightmare

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 01:43:22 am »

still nada, the new version of GE Source doesn't seem to like my hl2.exe for some reason.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 02:06:49 am »

I highly doubt that. You can try reinstalling steam. Trust me on this one man, its not GES unless the install is bad.

AzureNightmare

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 02:50:08 am »

I didn't mean to imply that, I meant to say for some reason there's an incompatibility between hl2.exe and the GE Source mod on my system. I'm just not sure of what's causing it. I trust that GE Source team's programming is sound, sounder than Valve's programming at the very least.

Edit: Oh God damn it, it was a bad install of GE Source! I really appreciate your help. It really made me happy to be able to have one of the project leads assist me with my problem. That's just something you don't get every day. Thanks again!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 02:59:50 am by AzureNightmare »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 03:23:22 am »

;-) always good to hear that its an easy fix. Unfortunately, when you distribute something to 2000 computers in one day you are bound to have 10 or so incompatibilities.
Pages: [1]   Go Up