GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 16, 2024, 06:53:35 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [BUG] Proximity Mine "hides" on specific type of glass  (Read 3556 times)

Bui

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bui has no influence.
[BUG] Proximity Mine "hides" on specific type of glass
« on: February 17, 2009, 09:18:46 am »

Okay, first off, this mod is fantastic stuff. You guys are doing an incredible job with reproducing the Nintendo 64 game and updating it for the Source engine, and I love your takes on the original levels.

Genital sucking aside, I read the bug section and the fixed/known bug section and none made any mention of this. I also tested on the 64 version and with other glasses in the game to make sure that it was a bug and not intended behavior.

If you throw a Proximity Mine (or, presumably, any other type of mine) on the glass used in Cradle, it will stick to the glass but disappear with no sticking noise. This is very deadly because it's impossible to see even if you're looking straight at the glass.

Hope that helps.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: [BUG] Proximity Mine "hides" on specific type of glass
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:24:34 am »

That is serious business. Proxies are dangerous. It never happened to me because I always play in servers without those little buggers.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 09:40:17 am »

Yeah This is a bug in Beta3. We'll see if a Dev has anymore input on solution or time line on solution.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 04:41:20 am »

If you were to stick a mine to glass or crate, then break the crate, it will explode the mine.

I have not witnessed this myself as I love throwing mines on the glass and they never seem to get eaten. Does this happen on ALL the glass on control?

Bui

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bui has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 06:48:13 am »

No, good sir, Cradle.

I tested mines on all sorts of glass on Control and they all worked fine. Mine made a noise and was visible. I think it's just that glass that shatters into portions.

EDIT: I'll get a youtube video up in a sec.
EDIT2: Oh, it would seem that you know what I'm talking about now. Good stuff. Disregard @ youtube video.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 07:06:08 am by Bui »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 06:55:04 am »

ahh yes, this is probably the same reason why we had a pane of glass that ate mines during testing.... glass tied to func_brush or whatever fail to work properly.... noted, thanks

PS. I musta been cross eyes when I read the map name haha
Pages: [1]   Go Up