GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 07:56:57 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GES music question  (Read 7617 times)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
GES music question
« on: April 29, 2009, 01:33:49 am »

I like the soundtrack of GES Source and also the music from the N64 game as well. What i wanted to ask was, can we somehow put the N64 Goldeneye game music and add it to the game by somehow? It just sounds more classic and better. Thanks

here are some songs from the N64 version..

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/121

The place has pretty much all game music and other stuff. Love that site.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: GES music question
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 01:43:49 am »

Well, this has been brought up in previous threads, but you are always welcome to add your own music in place of the ones in game. You just need to find the directories and then change what song you want it to play.

The mod itself can not use those originals due to copyright reasons, which I am sure you understand already. So yeah, if you want to do it though, more power to you. Go for it!

Good luck

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 02:16:05 am »

library_classic has a problem changing the music for it, but all other maps should change fine.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 03:21:34 am »

I was considering replacing Subterranean Caverns and Egyptian Temple with their N64 counterparts. Only two tracks that just don't quite feel right...

But yeah, just go into your sound and music folders and do what you want from there.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 09:51:25 am »

wouldnt it work if you just renamed the new music file to whatever the current one is and copy/replace? just a thought

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 07:56:24 pm »

Well, this has been brought up in previous threads, but you are always welcome to add your own music in place of the ones in game. You just need to find the directories and then change what song you want it to play.

The mod itself can not use those originals due to copyright reasons, which I am sure you understand already. So yeah, if you want to do it though, more power to you. Go for it!

Good luck

Sorry for reposting the thread if theres another one. I apologize for being an ass.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 05:00:09 am »

nah, no problem man. It happens.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.
    • Sole Signal music
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 03:32:03 pm »

I was considering replacing Subterranean Caverns and Egyptian Temple with their N64 counterparts. Only two tracks that just don't quite feel right...
Multiplayer maps didn't have a dedicated music track. It shuffled 13 multiplayer only tracks and played them at random. ;)

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 03:24:42 am »

Interesting, 'cause every time I enter either of those maps, their corresponding track is always in the background  ::)...
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 08:58:49 am »

Multiplayer maps didn't have a dedicated music track. It shuffled 13 multiplayer only tracks and played them at random. ;)
This worked for the N64 tracks, but as the GES music suits the certain map it was made for perfectly, it would feel wiered to have something similar in GES.
Imagine the runway track beeing played in egypt or vice verse.

BTW: In GE64 very often we disabled the music and listened to the best-of-bond music CD instead.

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.
    • Sole Signal music
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 02:26:40 pm »

Interesting, 'cause every time I enter either of those maps, their corresponding track is always in the background  ::)...
Kraid got it; I was referring to the N64 and the absence of a specific "N64 counterpart" for those maps. Not understanding where you're going with the eye roll attitude.

Our lofty goal for GE:S is to have a script that cycles between at least two different dedicated tracks for each map. The SP maps will retain the same music since they had their own specific tracks. MP only maps (like Temple, Library...) may pull from a pool of MP tracks. We shall see.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 03:35:46 pm »

I've suggested an info_jukebox entity for mappers. It'd be like the shadow controller, you just drop it in, add a list of music identifiers, and the triggered soundscapes would reference it to know which song to play.  Of course, since the current music hack relies on external script files... >_>
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
    • Steam profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 06:26:17 pm »

I was referring to the N64 and the absence of a specific "N64 counterpart" for those maps.

Yes, and to which I said:

Interesting, 'cause every time I enter either of those maps, their corresponding track is always in the background...

Subterranean Caverns and Egyptian Temple always play their corresponding single player mission track in the background every time those two stages are played in.
In fact, this applies to Facility, Bunker, and Archives as well.
I know that Temple, Complex, Caves, Library, Stacks, and Basement cycle through various tracks.

For the record, not knocking anyone's work. The N64 tracks for those two maps just have a different feel that I like.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 06:28:32 pm by Rodney 1.666 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up