GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:01:33 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Surface Level Remix- By Bryan Herbert  (Read 4903 times)

terps4life90

The Surface Level Remix- By Bryan Herbert
« on: June 07, 2010, 08:34:38 pm »

Here is my take on the Surface remix, and i wanted to share it with you guys, and maybe you can use it in your game if you want.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/fY4GxprX/Surface_Remake-_By_Bryan_Herbe.html

Feedback it welcome.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
Re: The Surface Level Remix- By Bryan Herbert
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 09:51:04 pm »

This would be a pretty good Surface X (more upbeat) during single player or something but I'm not sure it fits the multiplayer experience, when epic isn't always happening. (Even with 16 people; It's just that huge a map.)

I'll let the audio department critique. ;)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

terps4life90

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 12:36:46 am »

What if i put in the regular song for the surface and mix it with this song?!?! Could that be a possibility?

terps4life90

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 03:20:45 am »

Here is the full surface song i did. Here is the link : http://www.4shared.com/audio/AuL_1O3i/GE_Surface_Remake-By_Bryan_Her.html

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 05:40:47 am »

My main recommendation is to get better samples.  What software are you using?

terps4life90

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 09:32:07 am »

I am currently using Mixcraft 5 right now for the editing.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 02:55:38 pm »

I like your remixes, personally I preferred your runway and caverns to this. Sound quality isn't amazing, I'm not sure if that's compression or samples, I don't really know enough about that sort of thing... but all your tracks so far seem to lack in 'fullness', this one in particular is very harsh to listen to, it's hard to describe exactly what I mean...
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

terps4life90

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 06:39:53 pm »

When i did compress this one it did mess up, it should of been crystal clear sound. what kind of samples do you mean? Like from the song i released or other songs??? The only flaw with mixcraft is that is sounds great when your making it and playing it back but when you sometimes compress it, then play it back it doesnt sound so great. Is there like a top of the line music editing software out there? Maybe one that you use Basstronix?!?

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 08:45:04 pm »

I've never heard of Mixcraft, so I'm going to guess it's not that great (but hell, I might be totally wrong there). I use FL Studio as my host, but I own a hell of a lot of plugins and samples. By samples, I mean recorded sounds that you can use when you sequence. That's one of the first terms you should learn as a digital composer. Samples can be anything from miscellaneous objects being hit to every note on an acoustic guitar. VST instruments like Kontakt can help you use these samples in a realistic fashion.  Compression and mastering is a tricky art, so don't worry if you can't get it right the first time.

The main stuff I use:

z3ta+
Vanguard
Nexus
EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Platinum
Omnisphere
Absynth
Massive
Guitar Rig
Altiverb
FM8
Kontakt

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.
    • Sole Signal music
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 03:23:32 pm »

For the first "loud" track, production is certainly iffy on this one. Sounds like the entire track is bathed in low-end reverb (which creates an incoherent rumble instead of clean bass sounds), and there's some kind of distortion on that kick drum sample that is unpleasant to listen to. Try to isolate some of the piercing EQs on the screeching instrument and tone them down.

Work on developing more dynamics within the song too; it has the same drum pattern throughout that becomes tiresome after several minutes.

For the second track, the intro is ok, but there are frequencies you're missing for that "full" sound. Build up some more pads and play with stereo panning to fill the soundscape. Bass is right about the lower quality samples too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up