GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:17:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bots vs humans  (Read 15380 times)

ahmedqman

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • ahmedqman has no influence.
Bots vs humans
« on: August 09, 2012, 11:05:37 pm »

I want to play with a friend against bots. That is, me and a friend on one team, while 8 bots on the other team? What are the server commands to do that?

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: Bots vs humans
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 05:25:53 pm »

Start up a game in the "create server" menu and start a game up with the options you want. Make sure your steam ports are forwarded so that your friend will be able to join your listen server. After your friend joins the game, type ge_bot in the console by hitting tilde on your keyboard. (note: console is only operational when enabled in options-keyboard-advanced) from there you just put as many ge_bots in the console as you want in game.

Also, make sure you uncheck in the create server menu the LAN option. You don't want it to only broadcast LAN, but to the whole Internet. Have fun! :)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 05:28:21 pm by CCsaint10 »

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 07:20:00 pm »

Saint you missed the point.

I think he wants Teams.  Bots on one side
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 09:15:53 pm »

lol, I did miss the point....haha so sorry man.

My only excuse is I wrote this on my phone which has a tiny screen...but it isn't that good of an excuse haha

Now that I think about it, there isn't really an easy method of doing this that I am aware of. At least turn auto team balance off and then you possibly just add ge_bot a bunch of times and then kick each bot that is on your side? That would probably work.

kick "bot name" is the command i think and then ge_autoteambalance 0? Just a guess, someone else back me up please on these

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

freddyk83

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • freddyk83 has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 11:13:36 pm »

OK, I've just been messing around with this myself just to verify for you :)

Firstly, after not initially being able to find the command i eventually found it under:
ge_teamautobalance (that way round lol)

Secondly, even with that set to 0, when you kick the bots on your team, they automatically re-fill again and there doesn't seem to be any way to manually add a bot after the kick to the opposing team.

I was thinking along the lines of:
"kick <bot name>;ge_bot janus"

It kicked and then instantly replaced a bot, but it went onto MI6, my team.

I think in order to achieve what ahmedqman wants you'd need not only no autoteambalance, but also  a way to manually specify a team when adding a bot. Don't know if that's possible?  ???

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 11:24:17 pm »

Set ge_bot_threshold to 0

Then you can use the ge_bot command and kick commands without auto fill

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 11:31:41 pm »

I have a suggestion. You should implement a command like "ge_bot_team" where the following values (Examples) could be used.
0 = Bots on both teams
1 = Bots on MI6 only
2 = Bots on Janus only

I know you've got a lot on your plate KM, But again, That's just a suggestion of something that could happen in the future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up