GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:46:09 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Higher Definition View Weapon Models - Version 1.1  (Read 19381 times)

VGF

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.
Higher Definition View Weapon Models - Version 1.1
« on: August 07, 2012, 04:07:07 pm »

The main focus of this mod is to enhance the quality of the original GE:S viewmodels, making all the rounded parts more high-detailed, so the models look less boxy.

The Grenade Launcher also has some missing parts, like the grenades on the revolver area.
Some weapons were optimised, removing some unneeded triangles because of some bad merges going on.
The Golden Gun was slightly remodelled, so it fits more the original weapon carried by Scaramanga in the original movie.

And here's the images to prove the changes:
Grenade Launcher:

Rocket Launcher:

Sniper Rifle:

US AR33 Assault:

Automatic Shotgun:

Moonraker Laser:

Golden Gun:

D5K Deutsche:

Cougar Magnum:

PP7 (Only the silencer was modified):

RCP90:

Shotgun:

Download Version 1.1 here.

This is the polycount comparison:
 - AR33 (Old polycount: 5044, New polycount: 6503)
 - Automatic Shotgun (Old polycount: 3467, New polycount: 3761)
 - Cougar Magnum (Old polycount: 3601, New polycount: 3925)
 - D5K Deutsche (Old polycount: 3716, New polycount: 3828)
 - Grenade Launcher (Old polycount: 1890, New polycount: 3222)
 - Golden Gun (Old polycount: 1579, New polycount: 1429)
 - Moonraker Laser (Old polycount: 2048, New polycount: 2562)
 - PP7 (Silencer only) (Old polycount: 4237, New polycount: 3386)
 - RCP90 (Old polycount: 3627, New polycount: 3847)
 - Rocket Launcher (Old polycount: 2412, New polycount: 3560)
 - Shotgun (Old polycount: 3176, New polycount: 3310)
 - Sniper Rifle (Old polycount: 3695, New polycount: 3862)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:05:16 pm by VGF »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!

That's pretty damn neat, I also thought that the GL felt empty without the grenade rounds in there.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage

Nice, I'll test this ingame for sure.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!

Great work, especially a great improvement on the Grenade Launcher. I think we might like to make these official!
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!

Well done VGF, great work you've done here, just tested them out and they look great, don't suppose you plan on doing the rest? :)

VGF

• Secret Agent
  • VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.

I do not see the need to pump up the resolution of the rest of the weapons, but if you see something that could use some extra polygons, just tell me.

As for Mangley, kraid... If you want 'em, send me a PM, I'll send you the MAX/SMD stuff. I'd like to suggest some other small tweaks as well.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!

these look really great. if you could improve the look of the golden gun as well I would be really glad. it´s one of the ugliest models at the moment.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 08:44:27 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

VGF

• Secret Agent

these look really great. if you could improve the look of the golden gun as well I would be really glad. it´s one of the ugliest models at the moment.
I have to see it closely, but judging by the look of a photo of the real gun, there's not too much I can do model-wise. All the good details are not seen in the viewmodel, in the grip and trigger areas.

Will comment in detail tomorrow evening.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps

Technically the shell holes should not be filled since this is the reload sequence of the grenade launcher and the shells would have fallen out (which they do!)

Other than that, looks great

If you don't mind I will roll these into the v4.2.1 patch (due to release tomorrow hopefully)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!

Take your time with the patch.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

VGF

• Secret Agent

Technically the shell holes should not be filled since this is the reload sequence of the grenade launcher and the shells would have fallen out (which they do!)

Other than that, looks great

If you don't mind I will roll these into the v4.2.1 patch (due to release tomorrow hopefully)
Well, I thought the 40MM grenades are just like a bullet in a bolt-action rifle: the bullet leaves, but the shell stays. And you have to open the revolver so the shells leave, and you can reload.

If it is like you said, anyway, the revolver's barrels interior are still not modelled, and it still looks wrong. It's just a matter of either putting the used shells or the empty chambers.

As for the models, as I said, just tell me where should I send the original materials.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage

Last time i checked, the shells are ejected on reloading.

VGF

• Secret Agent

After checking again all the weapons, I've come to the conclusion that I should eat my words: I can improve more weapons, but the differences will be smaller.

The second comment I want to share with you: On the rest of the weapons, I just followed the design by the original team, but then, the Golden Gun arrived. And the only idea I had in mind was to replicate the real movie GG, instead of following the GE:S model. But IMHO, this sucks compared with the GE:S model.

Here's a couple of shots. What do you think?

This is also the first time I created a Normal Map in 3DSMax.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:18:26 am by VGF »

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation

I like the grooves but, as you said, it's your first time creating a normal map in Max so it shows. I don't think it's a problem of the model; instead, it's the normal map :P. I think it may be a question of improving the normal map.

The model doesn't seem that much different from GES' version (my memory may be a bit clouded on that aspect).

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!

I much prefer the smooth look, I was thinking the other day that the Golden gun looks fine as it is, however... If I was going to improve upon it I would probably just round of the sharp edges a tiny bit.

I do mean a tiny fraction though, as it should still be square.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!

VGF I think your model looks already better than the GES version. but PPK is right when he writes:

I think it may be a question of improving the normal map.

maybe you could do that. and when it looks fine then, I´ll be the first one who happily downloads your new version.

kraid

• Game Artist
    • my Homepage

Looks more like Gold now. I like it.

VGF

• Secret Agent

OK, I'm updating the whole package, with quite more weapons improved (Although some of the cases are just small changes):

Download Version 1.1 here.

I'm also updating the first post with the new polycount information. Here's the new screenshots:
US AR33 Assault:

Automatic Shotgun:

Moonraker Laser:

Golden Gun:

D5K Deutsche:

Cougar Magnum:

PP7 (Only the silencer was modified):

RCP90:

Shotgun:

About the Golden Gun, I really need some help doing the Normal Map, texturing ain't precisely my cup of tea. Don't count it as final, I'm just releasing it for further comments and for someone who can help me out.

I won't say again this is final, if there's any other round edges I'm missing, just tell me and I'll try to fix them.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:08:35 pm by VGF »

The Cy

• 00 Agent
Re: Higher Definition View Weapon Models - Version 1.1
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2012, 09:43:57 pm »

thank you very much! had a good run on the funhouse with the polished weapons.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 08:45:59 pm »

Sweet work. A lot of these assets are several years old, and this this a great way of keeping them up to date!
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 08:48:03 pm »

Yeah, these are awesome. I changed my mind about the Golden Gun as well, It looks a lot better now, great work.

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • StrikerMan780 has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 02:12:22 pm »

You should re-origin the PP7, like I described here: http://forums.geshl2.com/index.php/topic,7404.0.html

Check out [SM]'s HL2: Deathmatch Server! I've worked hard on making it the best it can be.

VGF

• Secret Agent
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 03:58:39 pm »

You should re-origin the PP7, like I described here: http://forums.geshl2.com/index.php/topic,7404.0.html
Well, so far I'm just following the steps of the original models. I could do a small tweak to have a secondary version, with a different origin of the PP7's.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up