GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:39:18 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cinema 4D (Fire Particle) to Source Engine  (Read 6999 times)

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
Cinema 4D (Fire Particle) to Source Engine
« on: November 28, 2015, 10:21:03 pm »

Hello Kraid....since i know you are the only guy who really knows cinema 4d. I have made some fire particles in cinema 4D but I have no clue how to use it or make it usable in source sdk. Could you shed some light on this?
Troy, get back on that treadmill

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: Cinema 4D (Fire Particle) to Source Engine
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 12:43:02 pm »

What do you mean with: "I have made some fire particles"?

You cannot transfer a particle simmulation to source, that's not how it works.
All you could do is render out the textures and use them in source.

Real particle effects are created in the particle editor that comes with the engine >> Source particle editor <<
If you only need something like a small flame for a torch, you might just want to use a sprite and animate it.

In that case you might want to render your flame animation and export it as a sequence of images.
Make sure that your scene has no background, activate Alpha Channel in the Render options and set the file format to something that can save an alpha channel like .TGA, .PSD or .TIFF.

Also it would be a good idea to have an image size with the power of two.
Pages: [1]   Go Up