GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:40:16 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VC's Laboratory 100224: Notepad  (Read 9907 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
VC's Laboratory 100224: Notepad
« on: February 24, 2010, 04:19:15 pm »

Remider to me: stuff to do next week, since I'll be one week outside of the release and officially clear of bias:

Examine shotguns.  Rocksalt probably needs to come up, Automatic seems to be regging funny.
DD44 might need to tighten up slightly.
KF7 might get another mini-buff while sighted.
Klobb might get another mini-buff while sighted just because of Cradle.
Moonraker spam-speed can come down a bit.

Add HUD elements to scenarios.  Team Living Daylights needs a carrier-count monitor so people will notice that they're losing their asses, Live and Let Die needs a players-remaining gauge.

Rag on KM until he does the scoreboard right.  I said over 9000 times that the formulaic display goes on the end-of-round screen, not on the watch, and the normal score count goes on the watch, not on the end-of-round screen.  I may need to just start doing KM's listening for him.

Classics.  And maybe an original in classic-style after all those...
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: VC's Laboratory 100224: Notepad
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 04:24:44 pm »

NOTE TO SELF:
YOLT needs player left counter

VC, there are three different team scores: ROUND, MATCH, FORMULAIC. Use that terminology and tell me where each belongs (Hud Display, Scoreboard, After Action Report).

Right now it is: Hud Display -> MATCH, Scoreboard -> FORMULAIC, After Action-> ROUND

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 07:21:32 pm »

Channeling Doc Brown for a moment.

This one tells you where you're going...
The scoreboard/watch needs to show current ROUND, because it resets every round.

This one tells you where you are...
The HUD display needs to show MATCH because that is your real-time status throughout the map.  It also needs to be a little bigger and much more readable because it's nothing but a blurry yellow square behind my net_graph.

This one tells you where you were.
The AA needs to show FORMULAIC because it has plenty of space and indicates what your team did and what challenge you need to overcome to win, or sustain, in the next round.  Also, it's the only display with enough space to fit the formulaic layout, which is what inspired me in the first place.

Also on the to-do list, scenario control over watch display player name colors so we can highlight key players and eliminated players.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 07:26:29 pm by Viashino Cutthroat »
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 03:39:14 am »

It's on my list. I'll have about 4 hours in an airport on Saturday to fuck around in the code for v4.1, YAY!

Also, how the hell is your net_graph on the left side of the screen?

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 04:52:54 am »

net_graphpos 3
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 11:59:51 pm »

VC you can move your netgraph about the screen
net_graphpos 3
Indeedy doo.  3 left 2 mid 1 right and anything above 3 is the distance from the left of your screen.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 03:30:08 am »

Doc Brown channels were off a bit, eff why eye.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 05:08:25 am »

That's heavy.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 08:38:44 am »

Somewhere along the line, the timeline skewed into this tangent, creating an alternate GoldenEye: Source.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 07:31:07 am »

"Guy's...where are we?" *BOOM* LOST

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • StrikerMan780 has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 11:04:44 pm »

One thing I've noticed, the PP7 is seated too far to the right on the screen in comparison to the other weapons like the DD44, might want to make note of that as well.

Check out [SM]'s HL2: Deathmatch Server! I've worked hard on making it the best it can be.

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 04:29:06 am »

pp7 is craptastic. It's scaling is wrong and it didn't get much love before. I may tackle this issue after my current weapon project is done.
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control
Pages: [1]   Go Up