GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 06:08:44 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C++ Programmer  (Read 10184 times)

jmart

C++ Programmer
« on: March 26, 2008, 01:49:58 am »

Well, for my experience:
I'm over half-way done with my Bachelor's in Computer Science at the University of Minnesota.
I've got pretty good experience in C++ (and a bunch of other languages).
I'm a huge fan of N64, James Bond, and the inherent combination of the two.
I used to work with the old Half Life mods back in the day, but that was mostly as a mapper and modeler.
I really don't have tons of free time, but I love this stuff so if you want my help let me know.

Regards,
Justin

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: C++ Programmer
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 04:42:23 am »

Have you ever dabbled in the Source SDK?

If not, please download it and "Create a Mod" to extract the source code. We are looking for individuals who are adept at the Source SDK, not just C++. It would behoove you to not look at the code since a trial job will take a considerable amount of understanding. Also, peruse this wiki:

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Category:Programming

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 06:24:02 am »

I really don't have tons of free time, but I love this stuff so if you want my help let me know.

we don't require huge amounts of time, but generally about an hour or 2  a day, or like one full day a weekend can really help push certain features along quick.

as long as your good at working in teams, and can wrangle the SDK it would be fantastic to have you on the team.

let us know how comfortable you are with the SDK if your good with it we can bump you to trial and get you an assignment.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 12:50:32 am »

I have the perfect assignment for you as well as long as you are comfortable. If you are not, you will get swamped :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up