Editing and Customization > General Discussion

(Gametype) The Spy Who Loved Me

(1/3) > >>

Rukifellth:
More based on the novel, MI6 has to protect one random member of it's team from Janus.

If the protected survives until time runs out, MI6 wins. If killed, Janus wins.

Question is, should the protected be allowed to carry weapons or not?

SuperFlyMenace:
That sounds like a fun gameplay mode. I think the protected should be able to carry only a pistol with a set amount of ammo and armor for the whole round. I'd totally play that!

XGII:
pistol, kife, and knives ... but what pistol should it be? the klobb? or a dd44 or pp7. I'd say they should be able to carry the knife and throwing knives in order to choose what they
 feel might be the better outcome in a certain situation like the pillar room in complex. If I were to have the klobb as my defense and then got stuck in the pillar room. I may take out
  my knife to use instead because of it being such a tight area. But should I be able to pick up armor to? or only half armor? and everytime I get a kill should I be able to refill my armor?
   But if I could choose, I'd rather have the pp7 as my only defense  weapon how would the body armor work for them though?

SuperFlyMenace:
I'd say the pp7 would be my choice as well for the protecteds only weapon. As for the body armor, they'd have to be spawned with it full and somehow disable them from picking any up. I don't know anything about programming but I'm pretty sure that's something that can be done

CptLima:
Cool idea - I'm OK with even making it less complicated; let the protected do anything protectors can do (pick up any gun, replenish body armor) - let's the protected do a "last stand" against attackers and shoot back when all nearby body guards have been killed, instead of being defenseless... also makes body armor respawn locations a strategic location for the protection group to defend, to ensure the protected has access to it in an assault.

That said, the whole gametype is dependent on the people who nonstop only play FFA arsenal and FFA LTK to actually play team-based game types... we have an awesome, really fun CTF mode currently and it's virtually impossible to find a populated server to play it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version