GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 12:31:54 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Issue] Cannot open my map in Hammer anymore  (Read 5964 times)

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
[Issue] Cannot open my map in Hammer anymore
« on: November 11, 2013, 12:43:09 am »

Hello folks, I'm not sure if this is 4.2.4 related, but ever since I've installed the patch, I've been unable to open nf_maintenance in Hammer.
I've tested the last revision with a friend of mine just now and he reported missing textures in the vents, Those we're stock GE:S textures so I guess 4.2.4 removed them.

I get the following errors when trying to load up the map in Hammer :

-Failed to load the default scheme file. The map views may be missing some visual elements.

-Model models/props_interiors/vendingmachinesoda01a.mdl not found and models/error.mdl couldn't be loaded

Hammer crashes right afterwards this error message.
Note that I could open up my map just fine a week before the patch.

Is this related to the patch or has my files been corrupted?
Thanks for the support.

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
Re: [Issue] Cannot open my map in Hammer anymore
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 02:08:54 am »

This is because of the recent conversion of the SDK launcher/SDK Base 2007 to Steampipe. In some cases, people aren't getting SDK base updated to Steampipe, so you'll need to reinstall it completely.

Uninstall SDK Base 2007 through Steam, navigate to SteamApps/<username> and delete the Source SDK Base 2007 folder, and reinstall the SDK base through Steam and you should be at the latest version.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 02:17:30 am by soupcan »

namajnaG

• namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 02:40:26 am »

I'll try that, thanks for the tip!

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 12:47:02 pm »

You need to let Steam update/convert the SDK to steampipe, after that all your custom configurations will be gone.
Copy the GameConfig.txt from Steamapps/username/sourcesdk/bin/source2007/bin/ to Steamapps/common/sourcesdk/bin/source2007/bin/
and change all the Paths for building programms etc. to the new location by editing it in a text editor like Notepad.

I did that yesterday and for me it worked.

If there are still missing props or textures, either replace them with new ones or find them in the previouse version of the game.
But in case two, make sure to pack them into the bsp before releasing the map to the public.

namajnaG

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 10:55:37 am »

Everything works fine now, even the texture is still there in Hammer, which is strange since it didn't seem to work in-game for my friend. Maybe a patching problem since he was on 4.2.1 and patched straight to 4.2.4.

Thanks for the support folks, I appreciate it, as always!
Pages: [1]   Go Up