GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:42:07 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Application: 3D Artist  (Read 14559 times)

Mattyu

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Mattyu might someday be someone...Mattyu might someday be someone...Mattyu might someday be someone...Mattyu might someday be someone...
Application: 3D Artist
« on: May 27, 2018, 07:20:59 am »

**deleted**
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 02:28:57 am by Mattyu »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Application: 3D Artist
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 02:32:59 am »

Hi there Matt

What you have shown here is very promising, if there's any further stuff you'd like to show us please feel free to add it.

We'll get back to you as soon as we can after discussing with the team internally.  :)
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 08:14:05 pm »

Before we proceed we're interested to know what you feel your strengths and interests are and the kinds of things you like to make.

Mattyu

• Agent
  • Mattyu might someday be someone...Mattyu might someday be someone...Mattyu might someday be someone...Mattyu might someday be someone...
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 06:26:34 pm »

Before we proceed we're interested to know what you feel your strengths and interests are and the kinds of things you like to make.

Most of my experience lies in creating props and filling a games asset library. I don't have too much experience creating original materials (e.g. substance source materials), however, I'm very efficient in baking/drawing normals and texturing individual assets.

I'd say I mostly specialize in hard surface modeling, creating props and environmental assets. While my experience largely lies with Unity and unreal, I've been trying to learn technical art skills, optimizing poly counts, shader complexities, and real-time rendering techniques.

In terms of contributing, I feel like I would work best acting as a sort of team contractor (i.e. working through an asset list), I'm working creatively on another project, hence I feel I can guarantee more work if I have a list to burn through. I'd love to discuss further on how I could contribute, I'm only concerned about engine implementation and the art workflow as I've never developed for Source, hence hopefully I could consult the team on this.

here's a link to my website, sorry I forgot to post it: https://www.maitchison.com/

Let me know if you need further info! Sorry for the late reply, I'll try and keep a closer eye on the forums.

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 04:53:04 am »

Hey there, sorry for the delay. We're interested in having you on the team and are ready give you a trial to join the development team.

You will shortly be given access to the trial section of the forums, once you have access please start a thread with your name and position in the title and we'll proceed with the process.

Good luck!  :)

Mattyu

• Agent
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 11:54:14 pm »

Hey there, sorry for the delay. We're interested in having you on the team and are ready give you a trial to join the development team.

You will shortly be given access to the trial section of the forums, once you have access please start a thread with your name and position in the title and we'll proceed with the process.

Good luck!  :)

This is excellent news! Thank you very much, I'm excited to demonstrate what I can do!
Pages: [1]   Go Up