GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:19:32 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grenades!  (Read 14480 times)

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
Grenades!
« on: February 05, 2009, 08:36:25 am »

I just thought I would quick rant about one of my favorite weapons in this mod, the grenade. You have the ability to 'cook' the grenade by holding down the fire button. By doing so, you can time your grenade to blow up at the right moment if you play it right. I've gotten really good at doing this, resulting in KillerMonkey swearing over his microphone at me.

Alternatively, if you like to play dirty, you can continue to cook the grenade and blow you at your target up without throwing it, assuming you are near them. You are damaging your score, but it can be fun and sometimes you get some great responses over the mic.
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
Re: Grenades!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 08:40:21 am »

Kamikaze!
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 09:59:51 am »

Yay, kamikaze strategies are back! And some lovely grenade cooking. I still remember those days I didn't know what cooking a grenade was so I just left the Z button pressed thinking it wouldn't blow up, but I always turned out toasted. Funny times, those...

One question: can you shoot grenades in mid-air and make them explode? I guess you could do that in GE007; correct me if I'm wrong.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 11:53:55 am »

I think you can. I remember a time when I threw a grenade and an explosion happened, and the grenade exploded mid-air killing me :(

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 12:27:07 pm »

"I just thought I would quick rant about one of my favorite weapons in this mod, the grenade. You have the ability to 'cook' the grenade by holding down the fire button. By doing so, you can time your grenade to blow up at the right moment if you play it right. I've gotten really good at doing this, resulting in KillerMonkey swearing over his microphone at me."

Guess what I did the first time Lodle showed up to a test when we got grenades in.  Cook, bang, cursecursecurse.  That's what makes Grenades the most skill-related explosive in our game.  Anyone can UFO and a vegetable can use proxies.  Timed is tough in combat but you can rock anyone who doesn't know you are using them.  Grenade is a skill wager and you will end your inning if you fail.  Good stuff.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 12:10:25 am »

wait, it thought the grenade wasn't in the beta3...am I right?

EDIT: nevermind, I just looked at the "beta 3 feature blog" Must have missed it before. Nice!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 12:12:50 am by bklax23 »

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 12:32:32 am »

It's not listed in the 1/17/09 update, though. So can someone clear this up?

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 12:41:07 am »

Yes they are.

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 12:57:00 am »

They are officially in the release

see I'm a dev

<- haha
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 05:41:03 am »

Oh...my bad, but also other ppls bad, who helped me verify the list

Were all pros, dw about it ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up