GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:15:23 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: June 21, 2008 - KM Blog  (Read 13188 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
June 21, 2008 - KM Blog
« on: June 22, 2008, 03:01:31 am »

Hi guys, since Anthony is not really coding for us anymore I will be using his blog to post updates since I don't want my own ;-)

Over the course of the past two months I have been otherwise unavailable (out to sea) so not much work has been done, however.... I completed the implementation of the Weapon/Ammo Spawning system! I made it extremely easy for server's to implement custom weapon spawns, while also delivering all the classics upon release. The core of the spawning system lies with the map. The mapper designates the various weapon/ammo spawns using the respective entities and assigns each one a value from 1 to 7. 1 being a weak weapon and 7 being a strong one. In the script file weapons are designated to go into those 7 slots. The server admin can then set the weapon set and the weapons will spawn and ammo will inteligently spawn as well. No ammo definition needs to be set! Random weapons can be assigned as well.

Code: [Select]
Example:

"power_weapons"
{
"print_name" "Power Weapons"
"weapons"
{
"1" "DD44"
"2" "COUGAR_MAGNUM"
"3" "RCP90"
"4" "AR33"
"5" "AUTO_SHOTGUN"
"6" "D5K"
"7" "AR33"
}
}

Currently I am developing BETA 3's VGUI menus. I am starting with the character selection screen then moving to the team select / intro screen. I am very excited at the prospect of working gameplay and being able to initiate that with VGUI will be the first huge step towards release.

After VGUI's are completed we are going to implement the rest of our weapons, mines, and melee. That should take about two weeks. Expect some serious testing screens within the month!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 01:48:02 am by killermonkey »

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
Re: June 21, 2008 - KM Blog
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 10:03:42 am »

tayooo! Good to hear news from the mod. This weapon spawn system looks hmmm smart :)

Expect some serious testing screens within the month!
aga, im going to settle here, waiting for them :P

1Rusky

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • 1Rusky has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 03:57:37 am »

This is great news. I am glad there is progress in the coding section. I am glad you are being very active in your updates. Thanks.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 11:23:04 pm »

Thank god there is some news....I was worried. Also, why isn't Anthony coding for you guys anymore?

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 01:43:51 am »

Thank god there is some news....I was worried. Also, why isn't Anthony coding for you guys anymore?

I would like to know the same thing... alas I never see him online anymore nor on the forums
Pages: [1]   Go Up