GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 06:11:54 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: if Single Player mode was created...  (Read 4327 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
if Single Player mode was created...
« on: April 01, 2011, 01:34:20 pm »

i was wondering if Single Player mode was created- would there be subtitles like a silent movie instead of voice actors?

if there is i will be happy as we dont need to worry about voice acting

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: if Single Player mode was created...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 06:18:06 pm »

In this day and age it would likely be something to use as an upgrade. So yes voiceovers would be the way to go.

But this isnt an official yes or no on that initiative..

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 02:01:53 am »

I can see preference to voice or subs being split down the middle; a toggleable option would be nice.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 02:20:53 am »

And there'd also be a localisation to do - if the team chose to support sounds in different languages. Yet it can be really hard to have good voice acting, so toggleable would definitively be the way to go IFF there'd be sound, because there'll always be people that can't stand the voice acting.
But that's way in the future - although there's this new bot AI concept floating around here.

Can't wait to see what the results will be.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 03:22:47 am »

Personally i think it should be subtitles like in the original n64 game because lets face it i wouldnt want anyone else to voice the charaters i love with impersonators and such (remember Nightfire- Pierces head but someone elses voice wasnt good)

also if it was just subtitles than it would be acessible to deaf players (something that valve is planning for Half Life 2 Episode 3) and plus it would be more faithful to the original game- i could even write the dialogue scripts)

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 09:58:14 am »

Voice + Subtitles is also accessible to deaf players. AFAIK, subtitles are available in allmost every game these days, even HL2 had them. (ok, most of the time it's because of localisazion for languages which won't get their own voice acting).

Jackred

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Jackred has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 05:00:24 pm »

That is an good point.

I guess if you guys do an single player mode that you should let us decide which way we want to the dialogue to go.

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 07:22:35 pm »

That is an good point.

I guess if you guys do an single player mode that you should let us decide which way we want to the dialogue to go.
It would likely come down to implementation, but of course we'd want to offer the choice.

Jackred

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Jackred has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 01:07:37 am »

That's what I like about you guys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up