GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:24:11 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: GoldenEye: Source - Status Report: May  (Read 122263 times)

JohnRDVSMarston

• Insania est arcanum
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!
    • YouTube Channel
Re: GoldenEye: Source - Status Report: May
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2017, 01:58:00 pm »

Just let it rest, Graslu. Someday, this problem will only be a memory in our minds...
Working around to be programmer, voice artist, designer, compositor and writer. If you want help, I'll be much obliged in helping you.

P.S: No, I'm not behind you with a bloody screwdriver. I'm a nice guy! >:D

Spry

• I Feel So Funky
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Spry has no influence.
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2017, 08:58:08 pm »

the people you call veterans, none of those people did stay.

I did.

The reason Arsenal/LTK are so popular is because people like them, otherwise they wouldn't fill the severs. Removing these out of spite would probably not only drive them away if that's all they play it for, but it would do little to bring other people back. We won't magically have full servers by removing them, we'd probably have even less logging on than we do now. If there's enough demand for other game modes, they'd fill the severs with or without the 24/7 Arsenals. If they're not doing it now, it's not going to start by limiting their options. Removing these will likely kill the mod altogether. I'd rather have those servers running than having to play with bots everytime I go in. It's a problem with no easy solution, but kneejerk decisions will be the death of it. Better to let them have their fun in the meantime and figure something else out. The problem isn't the popular modes, but the lack of demand for anything else.

JohnRDVSMarston

• Insania est arcanum
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2017, 09:55:27 pm »

As said again, let it rest. The emotion of playing these two only will die out and they will think "Hmm... Does this mod have more than these two modes?"; Moreover, when this happens, be sure to welcome them with open arms to other fun things *cough*cough*GunTrade*cough*cough*

>.>
Working around to be programmer, voice artist, designer, compositor and writer. If you want help, I'll be much obliged in helping you.

P.S: No, I'm not behind you with a bloody screwdriver. I'm a nice guy! >:D

CptLima

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 210
  • CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!
    • Follow Cpt. Lima on Twitch!
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2017, 10:40:04 pm »

As said again, let it rest. The emotion of playing these two only will die out and they will think "Hmm... Does this mod have more than these two modes?"; Moreover, when this happens, be sure to welcome them with open arms to other fun things *cough*cough*GunTrade*cough*cough*

>.>

From past experience, this isn't true - in many other FPS games, the unsavory modes dominate and kill off the other modes. And in any event, this has been a problem for over a year now, dating back to just a couple months after the 5.0 release, during which time it has gotten progressively worse and more noticeable on a night to night basis.

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2017, 09:32:32 pm »

Removing them isn't a solution as Spry said, but I don't agree with what you said about other modes having no demand.
Most of times it goes like this:

1- New player downloads GE:S for the first time
2- Launches the game, opens the server browser
3- Looks for servers with people or simply arrange by population
4- Joins any server without reading the name, mode or anything
5- Plays.

It just takes a few players to get a server full, if those servers got a tiny enough community to have that, they have all the new players on their servers in just a few minutes. It doesn't mean there's no demand for other modes, it means they don't know better.

SuperFlyMenace

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • SuperFlyMenace has no influence.
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2018, 04:38:34 pm »

A whole year later and still dying to see these new levels!

CptLima

• Secret Agent
  • CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2018, 01:34:22 am »

If there's one thing I've learned from a couple years of being a supporter and gamer on this mod, it's that these things take time, due to the nature of its development by volunteers... but are always well worth the wait.

Wolven

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Wolven has no influence.
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2018, 01:04:39 pm »

Removing them isn't a solution as Spry said, but I don't agree with what you said about other modes having no demand.
Most of times it goes like this:

1- New player downloads GE:S for the first time
2- Launches the game, opens the server browser
3- Looks for servers with people or simply arrange by population
4- Joins any server without reading the name, mode or anything
5- Plays.

It just takes a few players to get a server full, if those servers got a tiny enough community to have that, they have all the new players on their servers in just a few minutes. It doesn't mean there's no demand for other modes, it means they don't know better.

Well, I actively chose to play Arsenal and stuck with it, to each its own I guess.

P.D. How are you such a god at the game Graslu00?

Nozzy06

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Nozzy06 has no influence.
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2019, 03:45:52 pm »

Thank you, thank you, thank you for that reduced player limit. That's been the deterrent for me for a while. Having only 1 populated server that's always an overcrowded mess was killing it for me. Maybe now we can have 2 populated servers!

Also... Hi, to anyone who remembers me. :P Miss you guys.
"Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders."

SuperFlyMenace

• Agent
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2019, 05:45:31 pm »

Two years and two days later...
Still REALLY want to play these new levels and see the new updates!

CptLima

• Secret Agent
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2019, 09:27:40 pm »

Well, SuperFlyMenace, I think at this stage in the mod's lifespan, these ".1" updates tend to be pretty big and cover a lot of territory - bigger than the ".1" suggests. I'm sure when it's polished and ready to be released, we'll all be blown away and it will be well worth the wait. Just look at how different 5.0 was from what came before it, and how that took off and drew so many new people into this community (myself included). Whether the next release happens a month from now... or another year, I'll still be playing every week just the same! #GESRocks

SuperFlyMenace

• Agent
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2019, 03:14:45 pm »

Damn right! This mod gets better with each release and I know the next update will be no exception! I definitely keep playing and will continue to wait as long as it takes to see the new awesomeness.

JamieF4178

• Y2K Girl
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • JamieF4178 has no influence.
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2020, 05:41:45 am »

Now its been 3 years lol Damn, I can't wait to play Citadel!!!! ;D

SuperFlyMenace

• Agent
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2020, 11:20:04 pm »

Three years and two days later...
Can't decide if we'll see this or GoldenEye 25 happen first! And I say this with all due respect as not only that I can't do what these guys do but much less really complain when it comes down to it because they do it for free! But for now, the wait continues!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 11:22:18 pm by SuperFlyMenace »

CptLima

• Secret Agent
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2020, 04:44:17 am »

Yes, it would be cool to see an update soon - but keep in mind 5.0 is a ton of fun and has a regular following right *now*. I'm sure the time will come when a new version is released that tweaks the mod and gives us some cool new content, but we've already got a polished, very fun, still active mod right now - with hundreds of regulars playing all the time. Be pleasantly surprised and enjoy the ride whenever the next version is released, but for now, keep enjoying what we have! I know I do every week. !gesrocks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up