GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:34:34 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy 20th Birthday, GoldenEye!  (Read 9917 times)

Spry

• I Feel So Funky
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Spry has no influence.
Happy 20th Birthday, GoldenEye!
« on: August 24, 2017, 03:45:50 pm »

Hi everyone!

As I'm sure most of you are aware, 20 years ago the face of gaming was changed forever. The heavens departed to the sound of trumpets, and riding a winged white horse with a golden mane was GoldenEye on the Nintendo 64. I know, I was there.

I figured this would be a fun place to share our memories of this game that defined so many childhoods. One of my most cherished childhood memories was playing this with my grandfather, but even today it continues to have a huge impact on my life. I met my girlfriend in a barcade a few years back, she challenged me, loser buys the other a drink. I remember it fondly, Rockets on Temple, and she beat me, which may or may not have been on purpose. The rest is history.

What are some of your favourite GoldenEye memories? I'd love to hear everyone's stories that brought us all here. Happy 20 years, and here's to 20 and more as it lives on through this incredible mod!

JohnRDVSMarston

• Insania est arcanum
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!
    • YouTube Channel
Re: Happy 20th Birthday, GoldenEye!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 10:32:33 pm »

Mine was 3-4 years before, in an emulator, alone in my bedroom. I still didn't completed the 007 (I only got at 00 Agent).

...so, yeah. Not the best one, but happy compiledday, GE007! May you live peacefully on your hearts, minds and souls. >.>
Working around to be programmer, voice artist, designer, compositor and writer. If you want help, I'll be much obliged in helping you.

P.S: No, I'm not behind you with a bloody screwdriver. I'm a nice guy! >:D

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.
Re: Happy 20th Birthday, GoldenEye!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 12:48:34 pm »

First time I played the original was in college.  I remember a time when my friend and I went to a party and a bunch of guys were playing and acting like they were bad asses.   They asked if I wanted to play so I said sure but before the game started I asked,"Auto aim is off right?"  They were like huh?  I beat them so bad.  They said look what he's doing with the yellow buttons.  Hahahaha.  They got really quiet after that and after a couple matches they got fed up and stopped playing.  It was awesome!
Pages: [1]   Go Up