GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:12:56 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trailer for GES  (Read 8570 times)

brex

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • brex has no influence.
Trailer for GES
« on: December 03, 2008, 05:46:53 am »

PRODUCED BY
Ben O'Brien

LENGTH
30 Seconds

MUSIC
Cradle by ????

SIZE
15.4 mb
1280 x 720 (mp4)

PROGRAMS USED
GoldenEye: Source
Virtualdub
Sony Vegas 7.0
MeGui

DOWNLOAD

Filefront DOWNLOAD (download dont stream)

Hey all,
Just thought id try out making a Goldeneye Source video trailer sort of thing.
This is my third time doing video editing and using vegas.
At the moment the video is only half done, i need to add in some gameplay scenes, because every time ive
tried it has come out quite laggy because of me being australian and the ping to US servers. But i may
get around to finishing it later on.
I've uploaded to filefront the full res version, so if you liked it download it and the quality will be 10X better.
I struggled with encoding in mp4 but finally managed it so that the file size / length ratio is fine.
These are the other videos ive done;
Download 1 and Download 2 - its just small CS:S clips
**also i dont take credit for the spinning logo at the start. or the music.

Please give me some criticism and tips on the video for future ,thanks, enjoy.

And great work on the GE:S mod.

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
Re: Trailer for GES
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 06:46:01 am »

your camera work could use a lot of work.

so many quick cuts and fast pans it makes it so you cant see a single thing. its like watching the bourne identity on crack.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 06:50:44 am »

I think Its pretty cool. Get some gameplay footage in there and would be pretty awesome.

The Logo at the beginning is cool, but the Source part is kinda cheesy, but I see what your going for.

I really like the back up through all the levels, would be something cool for a beta3 trailer with the new levels. Needs a little bit of smoothness work, and maybe slow it down a little, but I like how you flow around the pillars in cave and stuff.

But Yeah throw some gameplay footage, a couple little credits and would be a pretty awesome trailer.

As far as servers, the majority of servers are in Europe, I think there are only 3-4 USA based servers. But I was talking with a guy from Sydney and he owns a server hosting Company, so might see some Aussie servers some time soon maybe.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 06:54:56 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 12:45:38 pm »

I fuckin dug it! Watching it again! I love the camera tracking, much more interesting than just a flyby
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 12:52:15 pm by Loafie, Hero of Dreams »
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

monkeyface

• Agent
  • monkeyface has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 01:38:51 pm »

Some nasty encoding you've got there. I'm sure you could improve on that, greatly.
The camera work is nice, but since it is an "action-camera" you could make use of some actual action, combat and such. The empty spaces clashes with the spastic camera. It's seems to me that the camera is searching something, it's rather unsatisfying when it doesn't find it in the end. That's the other thing, it's spastic the whole time, for compositional reasons you could include other kinds of shots. The spastic camera works great with still shots, slow "out-zooms" and close-ups. The graphic design is fine, other than that SOURCE you slapped on, you could get rid of that.
The reason that I'm so critical, is because I see potential, if I didn't, I wouldn't bother. Always remember DRAMATURGY, even if it's just 30 seconds of trailer. When it's this kind of action trailer, it's all about craftsmanship. Perfect cuts, perfect composition, perfect transitions, perfect tempo. If you throw an idea in there, such as a joke or a thought, that could outweigh the potential weaker visual elements of the trailer.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 02:34:51 pm »

hey man you finally finnished it huh? nice man

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 07:50:40 pm »

my tip is not using cradle coz xanatos beat you there. Even though, yes, cradle is the ultimate ges video-friendly remix released to this point with maybe the exception of the other Xanatos used track, "the spy who pwned me" from the pre beta1 gameplay trailer

credits (btw)
- cradle by Trent "basstronix" Robertson
- 3D spinning logo by Ryan "saiz" Lobbins
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 07:53:51 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 09:08:39 pm »

I like it! Beautiful effect seriously. Nice job! ;)
Released maps:
Download - Ge_Bunker_Nw - Updated for Ges 5.0

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 09:29:47 pm »

I can see that you were trying to use the demo smoother there, make sure to add more/less ticks in between keyframes, depending on how far the distance is between each keyframe. It looks like there were about 20 ticks in between each pause, so simply making it more would achieve a much smoother look (which would give a better look at the maps, and not leave the viewer with motion sickness)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 02:04:40 am by The SSL »
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

diesal11

• you know how they say "the grass is greener on the other side"? well I forgot to water that shit
  • Agent
  • diesal11 has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 06:04:44 am »

i can help i live in Australia
i make some machinimas and have some other pplz who play goldeneye source that could help with gameplay scenes too,
if ur still wanting to finish it we can help with filming/acting

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 04:41:23 pm »

Hell I'M interested in that :P We should get together and make something hot. You can get a credit for doing something officially releases on GoldenEye: Soruce news.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 05:31:23 pm »

Any machinima type videos for gameplays that of good quality WILL BE placed INGAME in some future version much like how TF2 shows videos for maps. I already have the VGUI items planned out and would be trivial to add it in.

For now, we can make these movies and host them on the wiki.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 07:15:14 pm »

grave diggers....
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee
Pages: [1]   Go Up