GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:42:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [BUG] Map issues (Archives, Control, Facility)  (Read 4240 times)

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
[BUG] Map issues (Archives, Control, Facility)
« on: February 11, 2009, 08:38:34 am »

[Thanks to uplo4d.com for the image hosting.. i love free hosting]
Well octopussys Team LTK wasn't runnin hot tonight :-/ so i chose to go in a DM 8 person max and play around.. in turn i found a few of the following..

These were in keef's finding but it seems as if most of/all of the wall lights are low and will mess up you when in action.

This one is in the top top level in Control just LEFT of this picture when you crouc just before going through the opening there.. it will shoot you up through the ceiling for a bit there and then fix .. this all happens within seconds or so.. but a find none the less

(this is one part of it shooting you up into/above the map, you can see i'm now ABOVE the red light source)

I don't know if this is a glitch or not.. but my spray isnt transparent on this window... and also in control when spraying those center windows they just null out.. not sure if that's whats meant or not..

And this Light here.. has screwed me over a few times tonight.. it's realllly low :-/ thought i'd add that too

« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 08:42:09 am by Sean [Baron] »

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
Re: A few map things i found while playing tonight..
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 08:41:04 am »

Move to Bug thread.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 08:42:17 am »

Move to Bug thread.

Erg, apologies.. i saw keef's in there so i posted in there as well..

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 08:44:14 am »

Yeah boris' escape hole is really glitchy, but should get revamped some time soon.

If Teck's wants to elaborate more, would be very welcome.

And the lights should hopefully get Clipped off/redesigned soon as well.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 08:49:40 am »

A few things i noticed on  Control.
The railings on control if you duck next to them, crawl towards them then release duck you stay ducked.

Also this pillar can get stuck ducked Might be all the pillars that look like this.

Alittle bit narrow maybe?  Hard to get in and out.

I think this rail is in the way and serves no purpose.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 08:52:06 am by keefy »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: [BUG] Map issues (Archives, Control, Facility)
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 06:19:28 pm »

^ Submitted to control official bugs. Good Job.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 06:37:59 pm »

The railings on control if you duck next to them, crawl towards them then release duck you stay ducked.

You are ducking under the top portion's collision. It's not worth player clipping since there's no good reason the player to duck so close to the railing. Just keep your distance if you do duck, it's not that hard. Same goes for the pillars.

And this Light here.. has screwed me over a few times tonight.. it's realllly low :-/ thought i'd add that too

Wall huggers! I might add a player clip that will bounce the player around.

-- Finally, you guys need to up your quality settings. Low resolution textures and no anti-aliasing hurts the eyes!
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 07:45:14 pm »

-- Finally, you guys need to up your quality settings. Low resolution textures and no anti-aliasing hurts the eyes!

lol it'd hurt you to see my autoexec lol allllll of those commands would hurt your eyes xD

me and keefy are ON IT :D keefy, we should get together on one map lol and find shit

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 08:21:22 pm »

You are ducking under the top portion's collision. It's not worth player clipping since there's no good reason the player to duck so close to the railing. Just keep your distance if you do duck, it's not that hard. Same goes for the pillars.

If like me u jump, duck and even both to try to dodge bullets  it is possible to get stuck under neath  those tiny ledges.
Has happened to me a couple of times which is why i mentioned it and yes i do keep my distance from them but i should nto have to, obviously you disagree.

I am using mat_picmip -10
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 08:36:40 pm by keefy »

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 09:18:02 pm »

What is wrong with just trimming the tops of the railing fourtecks? Not to fight you or anything, but it just seems like a very easy fix for a potential problem and it wouldn't be that hard to fix and then recompile, but eh, it's up to you guys after all. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up