GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:27:49 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Gun Model Importing Problems (Bounding Box out of range when Compiling)  (Read 11459 times)

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.

I need helping importing/replacing the guns. Now, I always do a test with simple things to see if I can even accomplish what I'm trying to do the first time, so I'm importing the PP7 model from the original N64 game for the sake of simplicity....and I wanted to make a N64 weapon pack to go with the N64 sound pack and I remember someone/some people were working on a N64 player model pack but I haven't heard or seen anything about that in over a year.
Because I've made player models for Garry's Mod I already know what to do, but I get errors when compiling the model. And if it matters, I extracted the models & animations with MDLDecompiler 0.5 as it worked for me before, if there is a different extractor that works better, PLEASE let me know, but as far as I know, this is the version that works the best.

This is the model in 3DS Max 2013:

The .qc file, which all I did was change the names of the model and material path so I didn't mess with anything function-wise or anything, but just incase:

The errors I get from GUIStudioMDL 2.2/Source:

And what the model looks like ingame (don't worry it's only 17 seconds long):

When this happened I then decided to re-import the original model just to make sure it was the animations themselves and not the n64 model, and the same thing happened except the gun is off to the right of the screen when shooting. :P (It's silver because that was the last version that I extracted and it overruled the normal version, but that doesn't matter, same problem happens with the other PP7 models)

So I know for a fact that it is the animations themselves, and these are unedited the model is the only thing that was imported into 3ds Max and that was for the N64 one, the one I re-imported wasn't opened in 3ds Max, it is the raw file I got from MDLDecompiler.

Now I have looked online for help, I looked up what the Bounding Box error is and I looked throughout the forums here for anything, but all I found here was an extremely old tutorial on making custom weapons and in the tutorial the guy imported a glock with custom animations, but what I want is to use the original animations so that doesn't help me. The only solutions I can think of is getting working copies from somebody if anyone has any on their laptops and are willing to share with me, or to remake the animations from scratch. I am okay with remaking the animations from scratch if that is the only way, I just wanted to know if anyone knew a way to fix the animations or had them that they could send me or if there was a better extractor that someone could inform me of.

If giving out the original animations is against the rules, is frowned upon or something along those lines, then tell me nicely. I only planned on using them for custom models for GE:S only, didn't plan on using them in Garry's Mod or anything else if that's what the team is afraid of or something, but if I have to remake the animations myself then I am okay with doing that. Just would rather prefer getting working copies of the animations instead of having to recreate them.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube

I don't think you can upload original models or sounds here, but you're free to release it anywhere else I'd say (Just like I did).
That problem happened to me sometimes when I was messing around with weapon models but I managed to fix it, I don't exactly remember how but I still have the files that worked for me. If you want contact me on Steam and we could try different things. I used Crowbar 0.29 for decompiling and compiling the models.

As for the player models... I still need to find a way to properly texture them so it doesn't take 300 hours to do each body part because you have to align them manually in photoshop, but I managed to get them working correctly.

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.

Okay, thanks, and I know about uploading the original models and stuff, just wanted to know if I could use the animations or not.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage

You won't really need the bounding box stuff at all on view models, so you can comment out or delete it.
The compiler will calculate a new set of bounding boxes anyway.

As for the animations, from my experience i'd say there are a few model rotation issues.
Preview your model+animations in model viewer to track down the animations on which the model does a 90° turn.
These animations need a rotate in the oposite direction added to them.

For Example: $sequence reload_un "reload_un" ACT_VM_RELOAD 1 fps 30.00 rotate -90

Whoever originally created these animations thought it would be a good idea to hide all unwanted model parts by turning them or moving them behind the player view.

Not sure if i'd invest the time creating this weaponpack right now, since it might malfunction in the next release anyway.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!

I don't think you can upload original models or sounds here, but you're free to release it anywhere else I'd say (Just like I did).
That problem happened to me sometimes when I was messing around with weapon models but I managed to fix it, I don't exactly remember how but I still have the files that worked for me. If you want contact me on Steam and we could try different things. I used Crowbar 0.29 for decompiling and compiling the models.

As for the player models... I still need to find a way to properly texture them so it doesn't take 300 hours to do each body part because you have to align them manually in photoshop, but I managed to get them working correctly.

wow apart from Ourumov what characters have you done at the moment? and how did you create them?

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube

Okay, thanks, and I know about uploading the original models and stuff, just wanted to know if I could use the animations or not.

I guess if you find a way to import them to Source you should be able to use them, Kraid knows way more in animation so he might be able to help you on that. If you mean original as in the source files from GE:S, I don't think I'm the one that should answer that.

wow apart from Ourumov what characters have you done at the moment? and how did you create them?

I ported Joanna, a export from a HL1 mod so I won't release it or anything since it's not entirely mine. Ourumov I exported the model from N64 and did the rest on 3DS Max. If I do all I might release something (Not here though).

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!

I ported Joanna, a export from a HL1 mod so I won't release it or anything since it's not entirely mine. Ourumov I exported the model from N64 and did the rest on 3DS Max. If I do all I might release something (Not here though).

awesome i might have something that you might be very interested in...PM? or add me on steam?

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
    • YouTube

Up to you, this is my Steam account - http://steamcommunity.com/id/graslu

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
    • YouTube

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.

Ok now your looking for a lawsuit if you add those kind of things to the game...plus it looks fucking stupid. Whats the point?
Troy, get back on that treadmill

Rick Astley

Ok now your looking for a lawsuit if you add those kind of things to the game...plus it looks fucking stupid. Whats the point?

uh its a third party add on and has nothing to do with the main mod...its just a piece of fun

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page

I always wanted to do this with the weapons and characters a few years ago, of course not to include officially in the mod but just to see what it would look like. It looks as awesome as I imagined! If only we could get the original animations in too, as animation view/export has been added to the newest version of the GE Setup editor. Great work!

Psssst... your smoothing/normals are messed up on the hand though.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
    • YouTube

Yeah we know about that, but he wanted to get it working first and then work on how pretty it looks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up