GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:25:06 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ge_facility_backzone : Simple Overview  (Read 17231 times)

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
ge_facility_backzone : Simple Overview
« on: January 09, 2010, 08:44:43 pm »

With facility_backzone nearing completion, I hope to continue to roll out some shots over the next couple of weeks. To start this off, I am posting a simple mock-up of the layout of the map so you can guess an idea of the layout changes that were made to the original n64 level.

(You may need to right-click view image if it is squished at your screen resolution)
Hosted by imgur.com
To get some bearings, the octagon on the very left is the red armor room that connects to ge_facility. Unfortunatly this overview does not contain catwalks and objects, so areas look quite open without any cover than what it actually is. Also, some vertically overlapping areas have been removed to avoid some confusion.

Instead of writing a ton of stuff to explain the changes made, I will just let you look at it so you hopefully see how well the level flows now compared to the old map from previous releases of the mod.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 08:47:36 pm by Mike [fourtecks] »
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: ge_facility_backzone : Simple Overview
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 09:14:25 pm »

Very interesting.. I'm very curious about how the additional areas like the break room will look. The layout looks great, it's nice to see you've done away with the linearity of certain areas, particularly around the labs.

Great stuff.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 09:57:08 pm »

Quote from: Mike [fourtecks

Instead of writing a ton of stuff to explain the changes made, I will just let you look at it so you hopefully see how well the level flows now compared to the old map from previous releases of the mod.

It also let's the imagination run. ;)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 06:03:44 am »

i have to say i was hesitant when tecks proposed some of the changes he had for BZ when he first did them, but they feel completely natural for the way he designed them and their layout. things still feel like facility its really great, and they make playing the level a lot more fun.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 07:35:33 pm »

i have to say i was hesitant when tecks proposed some of the changes he had for BZ when he first did them, but they feel completely natural for the way he designed them and their layout. things still feel like facility its really great, and they make playing the level a lot more fun.

+1 4tex did an amazing job with the map.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 11:06:16 pm »

I see that you have removed the camping spot in the Security room. That's perfect.

GG guys. ;-)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 12:22:25 pm by X-tra »
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 05:19:36 pm »

I see that you have removed the camping spot in the Security room. That's perfect.

I miss it from the perspective it no longer heightens tension opening the end door, but I really feel it promotes a fair situation for all players out there, since you can infiltrate and escape easily. Its far better to have fair play than camp-inducing layouts.

I'm guessing after the media is out (soon) tecks will give you more screens and a global breakdown :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up