• Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intro  (Read 15960 times)

and.punker

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • and.punker barely matters.and.punker barely matters.
Intro
« on: August 30, 2016, 11:59:19 am »

Nobody I've met who plays Goldeneye has the intro enabled, but I personally like it. However once I played for the first time, I noticed that the gunbarrel opens on the old background image.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Intro
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 12:01:44 pm »

Easter Egg! Haha good find

and.punker

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • and.punker barely matters.and.punker barely matters.
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 01:08:20 pm »

GES EASTER EGG CONFIRMED, GUN BARREL, JAMES BOND GAME!

The video's title if I ever wanted to become those shitty gta youtubers, goldeneye style

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 12:31:44 am »

I noticed that as well.  The intro wasn't updated.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 12:53:41 am »

I noticed that too, which I found weird considering how much was replaced & updated in this. lol

If/when it's updated I hope either we can replace the music like with the menu & level songs, or at the very least give it a new song. The current one just sounds too "Halo-ish" in my opinion. It's not bad, but with very few songs having that kind of feel (actually I can only recall GoldenZen's version of Cradle, and he wasn't even thinking of Halo when he made it) it kind of sets a different mood for the music and just doesn't sound very "Bond-y" either.
I mean we even got two new remixes of the intro theme by Tweaklab & GoldenZen so why not use one of those?

Personally though, would like to see the song customizable, maybe even make it have multiple songs to choose from.

It's not crucial, but it would help polish this amazing mod, especially since it ends with the old background. Plus, isn't this on by default for new players? This would seem slightly unprofessional to newcomers, when the intro should be "look at how amazing this!" and set the tone of how the mod is.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 01:19:53 am »

It's disabled by default. The person who made it isn't around any more.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 10:04:32 pm »

We discussed removing it entirely for 5.0 but without a consensus to do so we agreed to leave it in as a throwback whilst not having it automatically play when the game launches, hoping people generally wouldn't pay attention to it. We don't consider it up to the quality bar we'd like.

Part of the reason so much else was changed was that we didn't get too hung up on making insignificant changes. The menu background was actually made in the final week of development.

If there's a gun barrel in future releases expect it to be remade from scratch once we have both a new Bond character model and someone who can animate the intro.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

CptLima

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 210
  • CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!
    • Follow Cpt. Lima on Twitch!
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 10:29:20 pm »

As a newcomer to the mod I have to say I enabled it for a little while and still enjoy clicking the intro button now and then... I agree that it should be updated and perhaps a better version of the track should be used, but that said, I'm glad it was left in even if it's not up to the "current" standards of quality - it's still a fun thing and a cool part of the mod that makes it feel more like a classic game (remember all the old PC games like Command & Conquer or StarCraft that had "View Intro" as a prominent option on the main menu, like it was so incredibly important?) - I'm all about the nostalgia!

allspiceberry143

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • allspiceberry143 has no influence.
    • Website
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 05:49:34 am »

I saw that too. Some portion of the reason so much else was changed was that we didn't get excessively hung up on rolling out irrelevant improvements. The menu foundation was really made in the last seven day stretch of improvement.
Pages: [1]   Go Up