GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 09:02:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [BUG] "You have been kicked for command spamming"?  (Read 4018 times)

USMCadam

[BUG] "You have been kicked for command spamming"?
« on: December 14, 2010, 09:49:02 pm »

What does that mean? I just finished installing the game and the first thing I get after auto-choosing a side is that message and a boot from the server. I tried it on the only other server available and got the same message. I'm not running anything besides Steam, this is an almost brand new i7 laptop with zero bloatware and only AVG running while I game. Every other multiplayer game runs fine Steam or otherwise. Thank you for your help.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 09:52:32 pm by USMCadam »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: [BUG] "You have been kicked for command spamming"?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 01:53:54 am »

Do you know which server it was?

There are a few bugs that are happening with sourcemod plugins on servers, I expect it's something to do with that. Hopefully issues like this will be resolved soon in a patch.

All I can recommend is try another server.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: [BUG] "You have been kicked for command spamming"?
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 05:00:10 pm »

Sounds like a server mod being a pest, though I haven't heard of anyone else with this issue.

It shouldn't be related to any binds you may have configured because I wrote a number of scripts for my weapon selection keys and none have tripped a command spam sensor.

Is there any further information in your console after being removed from the game that might lend more information?  Also, which servers was it?  If it is one of the servers that one of the Developers controls, with your Steam ID that Dev might be able to check the server logs.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."
Pages: [1]   Go Up