Editing and Customization > Resources, Tools, Tips & Workarounds

[TOOL] GIMP

(1/2) > >>

Zaichata:
First off, I have both a Linux as a Vista operating system, and on Linux, GIMP comes with the package of Ubuntu for free (and Ubuntu is free as well).

It's a photo editting program, a lot like photoshop ofcourse, with the difference that GIMP offers just a bit more customizability since you can edit the source code of GIMP yourself.

http://www.gimp.org/

Also, for people who haven't been enlighted by the shining beacon of pirated software, this might be a good replacement for the pricy Photoshop license.

VC:
Yeah, everyone grabs the source and rolls their own gimp.

In before drama.

killermonkey:
The only thing that stops me from using GIMP on Windows is that it opens up a new taskbar icon for each window (ie not encapsulated in the same program). I am not sure they fixed that yet, but windows 7 actually makes it a moot point. I may try it again, considering photoshop is starting to piss me off with its incredible load times.

EDIT:
It seems that they have fixed the multiple window craziness, however there does not exist a VTF export plugin for the GIMP...

Kinky:

--- Quote from: killermonkey on December 12, 2009, 02:38:14 pm ---there does not exist a VTF export plugin for the GIMP...

--- End quote ---

WTF... cant be right. I used it to make textures for CSS before...

Rodney 1.666:
I need to get my dual-boot system going again...
Ubuntu 9.10, Karmic Koala is looking good. (Last one I had was v6.something.)

[/offtopic]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version