GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 04:57:16 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Goldeneye N64 Orchestrated - Officially Licensed Album By Rich Douglas  (Read 5379 times)

terps4life90

This guy needs to be apart of Goldeneye Source. He said he completed the Goldeneye N64 Soundtrack. The Soundtrack is around 40 minutes long. Here are some previews. https://soundcloud.com/rich-12-1/sets/goldeneye-n64-orchestrated

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Goldeneye N64 Orchestrated - Officially Licensed Album By Rich Douglas
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 12:43:31 pm »

The Tracks for Archives and Caverns are fantastic- his Bond theme however feels more suited for the Everything or Nothing video game

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 09:13:03 am »

shame that he said that he wouldnt want to do any tracks for Goldeneye source
unless he got paid for it (i cant find the link)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 06:08:00 pm »

<snip>

This comment was made under a false assumption, nothing to see here
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 01:18:58 pm by killermonkey »

Rick Astley

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 01:41:38 am »

http://debrief.commanderbond.net/topic/63583-goldeneye-n64-orchestrated-officially-licensed-album/

here is what he said

Quote:
That's a nice gesture... but, I don't really want to be apart of GE:S.  No time for free work.. and I certainly don't want them including MP3s of this release with future builds since it's going to be for sale and such. 

Not trying to be negative, but I feel like I did all I can with this Goldeneye album and don't feel the need to redo much of anything especially for a mod.  I've definitely moved on in my career and haven't done any mod work (or really felt the need to) for the better part of two years.

Everyone that has heard the full release so far really like it.. I think you guys will truly enjoy this one!

Rick Astley

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 01:50:12 am »

he also mentions GES in another interview:
http://commanderbond.net/17613/goldeneye-64-orchestrated.html

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.
    • Sole Signal music
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 04:53:19 am »

Nice find.

Wanted to comment one of Rich's quotes:

Quote: "This is where Goldeneye Source went wrong in my opinion, while the remixes are very cool, they had tons of different/unique artists working on the mod’s score making it sort of a mish mash of styles and sounds. Of course that’s not necessarily a bad thing, but it is certainly not what I set out to accomplish here."

I didn't take that as a slight in the least, just wanted to explain my thoughts on creating my GE:S tracks:

1. GE:S is a multiplayer game. The original game had 14 very diverse rotating multiplayer tracks. Of course, the single player themes are more memorable and that's what we tended to focus on with the GE:S soundtrack.

2. The original N64 tracks were quite diverse with rock, electronic/techno, orchestral, percussion-driven, soundscape-driven, chill, and many other elements. I felt freedom to experiment with each of these styles throughout GE:S. Of course, any sort of single-player GE:S would certainly call for more continuity across tracks.

3. I tried to make each track cool and unique in its own way, so that it would be fun to listen to in and out of context.

Maybe the best way to describe it in retrospect is the Super Smash Brothers Brawl stance, mixed with a bit of Timesplitters multiplayer (not to mention N64 GE). SSBB fanservice in that there are a bunch of good tracks with many different composers, and Timesplitters/GE in that each of the tracks is pretty standalone on its own accord, yet you can still tell they're from the same game. :)

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 04:56:59 am by Sole Signal [Audix] »

Rick Astley

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 12:31:20 pm »

I Purchased Rich's album on Itunes (and they didnt even give me the Debriefing track -_-)
and i had to say that while they are enjoyable particularly Dam they are lightyears behind
the tracks that Sole Signal, Audix, Golden Zen and Basstronix made

Dont get me wrong Rich's tracks are good in their way except Egyptain which was terrible
but i felt they were more of an ode to David Arnold...i hope i havent offended RD its just my opinion

Rick Astley

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 12:33:50 pm »

and on a side note will we there be any new tracks for GES? i particularly look forward to Depot
or Train :D

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 03:16:42 am »

but i felt they were more of an ode to David Arnold...i hope i havent offended RD its just my opinion

This. I don't get what all the hubub over wanting these tracks in GES is about, I don't feel like they would mesh at all with the diverse electronic sound of the current music nor fit the fast (way faster than GE64) speed of multiplayer.

Not to mention to me everything screams "orchestra samples!". The midi arrangements never convinced me I was listening to a live orchestra for even a second, and when the name includes the word "Orchestrated" I'd expect a lot of work to be put into making the reverb cohesive and smoothing out spacial differences and avoiding obvious repetition in sample sounds (for the strings at the very least).

He's done some commendable work getting it licensed and getting Grant Kirkhope's input, but I don't see why we should be begging to use his music when he's selling it commercially (we're a free, soon to be open source, mod), and the quality isn't anything overly spectacular.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 08:34:17 pm »

Nice find.

Wanted to comment one of Rich's quotes:

Quote: "This is where Goldeneye Source went wrong in my opinion, while the remixes are very cool, they had tons of different/unique artists working on the mod’s score making it sort of a mish mash of styles and sounds. Of course that’s not necessarily a bad thing, but it is certainly not what I set out to accomplish here."

I didn't take that as a slight in the least, just wanted to explain my thoughts on creating my GE:S tracks:

1. GE:S is a multiplayer game. The original game had 14 very diverse rotating multiplayer tracks. Of course, the single player themes are more memorable and that's what we tended to focus on with the GE:S soundtrack.

2. The original N64 tracks were quite diverse with rock, electronic/techno, orchestral, percussion-driven, soundscape-driven, chill, and many other elements. I felt freedom to experiment with each of these styles throughout GE:S. Of course, any sort of single-player GE:S would certainly call for more continuity across tracks.

3. I tried to make each track cool and unique in its own way, so that it would be fun to listen to in and out of context.

Maybe the best way to describe it in retrospect is the Super Smash Brothers Brawl stance, mixed with a bit of Timesplitters multiplayer (not to mention N64 GE). SSBB fanservice in that there are a bunch of good tracks with many different composers, and Timesplitters/GE in that each of the tracks is pretty standalone on its own accord, yet you can still tell they're from the same game. :)

You guys did an amazing job composing the Goldeneye Music for GES. If people want to bitch about the music not being the same as the original, then let them listen it on the N64 and hopefully quit moaning.

Lets face it, your work, Basstronix, and Goldenzen are superior nuff said.

:)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:36:15 pm by Terrowrist »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 09:54:37 pm »

The beauty of our music is that you can just delete the tracks you don't like or modify the music configuration files to play those that you do like :-D
Pages: [1]   Go Up