GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:35:49 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: In game song (Permited for use only by the GE:S Mod team)  (Read 15042 times)

Crackshot

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Crackshot is looked down upon.
In game song (Permited for use only by the GE:S Mod team)
« on: March 23, 2010, 06:33:39 pm »

Here ya go, I composed a music track for you to use on a map, if you ever feel the need its all yours, download and listen to it here...

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/320289

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: In game song (Permited for use only by the GE:S Mod team)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 09:54:56 pm »

I'll be honest. This song is annoying at best.

Thanks for the contribution.

Crackshot

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 10:30:14 pm »

Kill yourself ^-^

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 10:38:55 pm »

With pleasure.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 10:41:36 pm »

I'll provide some useful criticism.

The track is incredibly repetitive, barely introducing anything new throughout, and only relying on the sole Bond ladder as the melody without anything actually new to speak of. Listen to any of the tracks on Goldeneye, or any Bond game/movie for that matter; the Bond theme is always in the background, with some sort of different foreground theme playing in front of it.

The samples are pretty bland (especially all the percussion), and there isn't too much creativity in their use (thinking dynamics wise); it sounds like the generic techno songs that are all over newgrounds.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 10:44:09 pm by Jonathon [SSL] »
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 10:59:37 pm »

We wouldn't be able to use it because of the "Bond, James Bond" that is slipped in there.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 03:50:51 am »

It's good that you're taking time to learn about music and share it with people.  It's hard to put yourself out there for criticism.

Although it's good to be inspired by things like the mod, it's also important to respect the amount of work that the audio designers have put into developing the music for the game.  Before they were able to work on the music, they (as designers) had to undergo an extensive review process by the rest of the development team.

I just thought I'd mention that in case you didn't know.

Keep learning, keep practicing, and keep writing.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 05:48:01 am »

At worst?

I think it would make a dandy menu theme. I certainly would not use it in a map, but in and of itself, it's not that bad. I actually like it.
(Whether it fits with the rest of the GE:S OST is up for grabs. I don't think it does.)
If a number of the common-sounding parts (for lack of a better term) were cut, it would be better.

Current conclusion is "meh".
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 05:55:12 am by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Crackshot

• Agent
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 02:26:47 pm »

You've all gone mad with power.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 02:47:41 pm »

Its alright man, but try and take KM's crits lightly lol. There deffinately needs to be more transitions and other instruments in there other than the seriousally distorted guitar and super reverb :p

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 07:33:20 pm »

You've all gone mad with power.

If you can't take the heat get outta the kitchen. Can you imagine how many negative crits we receive on our mod, its essential and builds your skill and desire to succeed. The world is not filled with rainbows and unicorns...

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 08:38:54 pm »

personally...i took his mad with power statement as a joke...guess km took it seriously...He seems to be handling it just fine.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 10:03:03 pm »

"seriously"? When am I ever serious?

:-D

Crackshot

• Agent
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 10:11:22 pm »

In all honesty i didnt really post this expecting anything to come of it, i just wanted to see what would happen, but i have been going through your mod files listening to you menu music in light of what someone said about my track possibly fitting that area, and i would really like to get ahold of this Trent "Basstronix" Robetson guy, ive got some questions for him, so if someone could point me in the right direction i would be very greatful  8)

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 11:56:04 pm »

IDK maybe send him a PM.

http://forums.goldeneyesource.net/index.php?action=profile;u=8

P.S. Has anyone told Bass that with that long hair he looks a little like Richard Hatch?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:58:22 pm by mookie »
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up