GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:15:18 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: [BUG] cant look up or down when using a game pad  (Read 17720 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: [BUG] cant look up or down when using a game pad
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 01:27:19 pm »

Keefy I'll add these CFG's to Beta 4 and mention their operation on the wiki if thats ok with you

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 01:33:29 pm »

Sure sounds good to me.
Could someone test this config with an xbox controller?  I took it from the config in L4D and simply reversed it for southpaw
http://files.resistance-tester.com/gametools/GES/cfg/xbox360.cfg
http://files.resistance-tester.com/gametools/GES/cfg/xbox360_southpaw.cfg 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 01:50:00 pm by keefy »

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 06:52:39 pm »

DirectInput? Muthafsckers! >:(

So no USB HID controller is going to work?

*Gets on a plane with an GG and is heading towards the Microsoft DirectX department*

little 00

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • little 00 has no influence.
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 04:26:10 am »

I'm still not satisfied with the useage of a controller under source.
Since the ammount of buttons is very limited, it should be possible to use button combinations to execute certain commands.
I tried your config and it's working, but i had to switch the axis on the 2nd Stick.
So i guess allmost everyone who's trying to use a controller on Source will experience much similar issues.
A few might be able to solve them by editing the .cfg, but a lot of ppl won't even know where the files are located at, or what has to be changed.

Most ppl who'd like to use a controller on a PC game like GES are doing this because they're not familiar with mouse + keyboard input, so they try to use a controller because they know how to handle this input device.

If there was an easy way of controller configuration, we would surely include it into the game.
Maybe you could write a tutorial for controller setup under GES, maybe it can be included into the Wiki.
Its also a though for players that want to get closer to the original feel of Goldeneye N64 since this is a remake for memories.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 04:30:21 am by little 00 »

Let the source be with you (Goldeneye source)

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 12:11:44 pm »

Well, if you wanna play a match with friends and can convince them all to use a controller, it might be fun.
But if you're playing with a controller on a public server you'll suffer most of the time.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up