GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:29:24 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiplayer decal limit  (Read 11383 times)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Multiplayer decal limit
« on: January 31, 2009, 09:02:58 pm »

Can anyone explain me how to change the decal limit in GE:S? I know it can be done in other Source games (I have TF2 and it is under the Multiplayer tab, Advanced, in the options menu). In GE:S I don't see such an option. Is it "hidden" in a config file?

You may ask why do I want to change this variable. Not because I want to make my computer slower, not because I like to see blood spatter on the walls, but because I want to draw huge smileys on the walls, floors and ceilings.

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mookie is looked down upon.
Re: Multiplayer decal limit
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 09:06:19 pm »

r_decals ?
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Multiplayer decal limit
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 05:18:00 pm »

r_decals ?

Is that in the config file? I'll look and then post here if I find something or it solves my problem. Thanks for the help, mookie.

EDIT: Found the variable that controls the parameter. It's "mp_decals" and it's set to 200 by default. Just changed it to the number I have for TF2 (600) and will test it's effects. I will lock this thread, since my question has been answered and my problem solved.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 05:21:25 pm by PPK »
Pages: [1]   Go Up