GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 02:48:46 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Activision registers goldeneyegame.com ~  (Read 6372 times)

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
Activision registers goldeneyegame.com ~
« on: April 24, 2010, 10:55:41 pm »

Since it hasn't already been mentioned here, I thought I might bring it up.
Activision registered goldeneyegame.com.

What do you think it's gonna be?
And for which systems?

sources:
http://kotaku.com/5523583/website-registrations-tease-goldeneye-driver-sequel
http://whois.domaintools.com/goldeneyegame.com

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
Re: Activision registers goldeneyegame.com ~
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 12:09:39 am »

I heard about this today. Seems they are remaking Goldeneye. (again). If they do release it a C&D letter for GES is pretty likely O____o

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 12:21:27 am »

Well, if it isn't exactly a remake of the original game, it still could be a remake of Goldeneye: Rogue Agent or another installment that has nothing to do with Goldeneye at all.

Just wondering, did Activision shut down games or mods before?

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 02:41:03 am »

Ya, they also stopped production on the newest Bond film...
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 04:05:34 am »

Activision is infamous for shitting on projects...
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 05:17:24 am »

The thing is, I doubt they are going to recreate it as faithfully as we are. They will model it after other modern games. It will be uber lame if they do goldeneye, guarantee it lol Can they even use all the things rare did since they dont own the rights to what rare did, really. They can only use the "goldeneye" name through the movie license, names of characters in the movie and james bond universe, and things like "license to kill". I would doubt activision can make "facility" a level, is my point, and if they can just because its a general thing, are they able to recreate it exactly like rare did, the layout? And if not, what the fuck is the point, to "almost" give us a remake. Just seems lame man lol

So therefore since it is likely not going to be canon-like except for some gameplay and some elements, perhaps they will leave us be. Especially if its only being marketed towards console. The bad thing for us even if we remain untouched, is they will give a modern SP experience to the world likely long before us :P *sigh*
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 05:24:03 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 12:52:57 pm »

LOL thats optimistic Wake. Unfortunately from their perspective throwing out a C&D takes next to no effort whereas at worst the amount you guys could be shitting on their sales could be astronomical.

Im not saying its gonna happen. Hell they could still easily can the project. Its just seeming more likely now that an before.

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 02:29:20 pm »

Lets not give them any ideas kinky  :P

I don't think GE:S would really impact sales of a new Goldeneye game, even one that came to PC. Realistically, even if everyone who ever played GE:S didn't buy it that would only be a small handful of people compared to how many sales retail games get, and something as iconic as Goldeneye? Well, I expect their sales could easily be in the millions.

They should know that dealing out a C&D could hurt them from a PR standpoint, GE:S is one of the most well known mods out there and has been featured in a few gaming magazines. They could get some serious negative feedback from doing something like that. Besides, we're potential customers and fans of Goldeneye just as much as anyone else, there's no sane reason to piss us off.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 04:00:31 pm »

Lets not give them any ideas kinky  :P

I don't think GE:S would really impact sales of a new Goldeneye game, even one that came to PC. Realistically, even if everyone who ever played GE:S didn't buy it that would only be a small handful of people compared to how many sales retail games get, and something as iconic as Goldeneye? Well, I expect their sales could easily be in the millions.

They should know that dealing out a C&D could hurt them from a PR standpoint, GE:S is one of the most well known mods out there and has been featured in a few gaming magazines. They could get some serious negative feedback from doing something like that. Besides, we're potential customers and fans of Goldeneye just as much as anyone else, there's no sane reason to piss us off.

QFTs
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 05:08:49 pm »

If they do a Goldeneye game, i doubt it will be like a remake of Goldeneye 64.
My bet, they take their CoD, exchange all the maps, models, etc. with Bond stuff and throw it out hoping the big name will sell it before the majority noticed it's just another CoD.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 08:17:47 pm »

You mean like Quantum of Solace: The shitty Game?

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 02:32:43 am »

What they SHOULD do is hire us to make a game worthy of the goldeneye name. I bet we could make a kick-ass modern day goldeneye on a new engine if it was the primary source of income.

And who else know more about the game unless they were working for Rare? No one.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 02:34:55 am »

You want optomistic. This sentiment will likelier divide by zero than be a chance in a frozen hell of corporate red tape.

MGM & Danjaq realize we rock. Commission the bond license to valve, valve goes "we already have these dudes who are awesome, lets pay them to continue instead of stretch ourselves further"

Half of the team (who isnt in different companies obv) gets to move to valve central on their dime and work full time on our goldeneye remake, our way. The ones able to be part of the team (like me who dont want to move to the land of the fucked free) can freelance for the project for a lesser type of monetary situation.

The game releases on steam, and we rule the world finally with millions of sales. Steam would get so many more consumers too.

Hey, a girl can dream...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 02:39:11 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 08:29:44 pm »

hehe, so many optimism. :D I love it....

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
    • Steam profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 01:07:35 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up