GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 04:41:01 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Something to think about?  (Read 23859 times)

DaFees

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • DaFees has no influence.
Something to think about?
« on: September 01, 2007, 04:35:36 am »

First let me say.. first post, yay!

Ok, anyways, let me really say that I have to give many thanks to the creators of this mod, because I've been playing around the beta version and I love what I see so far. I used to remember many a night when I was younger hanging out with friends and family staying up into the wee hours of the morning playing goldeneye deathmatch. Now with this mod that's all possible again. Sometimes I take my computer over to my cousins and we do some lan matches, which makes for great fun.

Now, I've come here to give you all an idea to think about. Split-screen multiplayer and game pad support. I ask, has either of these ideas been thought of (if they're even possible in a mod). I mean I've played around with the mod and the controls are not that complex that you couldn't get by with say an old n64 controller or a new xbox 360 controller. If it were possible to add split screen multiplayer and game pad support I think it could really help bring back that feeling you got from playing the n64 version.

Well now, since I'm a noob to these forums, I have a noob question. I've downloaded a map or two from here like luchador's citadel 07 map. I walked through the map and was very impressed with the visuals, but I know nothing about server-side stuff and I was wondering if some body could help me out with what I need to do to get weapons in that level or any level that doesn't have them for that matter. If it's easier I could just watch till a version of that particular map comes out that has weapons in it.

That's all for now, many thanks again to the creators and to the lovely people on these forums. I look forward to the next release.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: Something to think about?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 05:07:40 am »

Joy is possible, but you will be thrashed.

Splitscreen has been considered, but it's not exactly top priority.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

oboe

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • oboe is looked down upon.
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 05:09:54 am »

1. Gamepads are supported, it's a source engine thang, yo.

2. Multiplayer split-screen has been suggested, yes it was the most revolutionary thing about Goldeneye 64 (being a first person shootah for console and all), but it's implementation would just be silly on a pc (because every one has a monitor). Now if it got ported to the 360 [which may (big stretch there) be possible after the orange box is released], it'd be a much different story.

DaFees

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 05:28:14 am »

Fair enough, I understand what is being said about split-screen. Like I said, it's just an idea, :)

Anyways, I'll be more general in my question besides adding weapons to levels that don't have them, is there a way to change the game settings. I mean is it as simple as going under the console and changing the kill limit to whatever and setting the time limit to 0?

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 01:21:38 pm »

It will be through cvars for certain, GUI too most likely.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

DanUK

• Agent
  • DanUK has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 01:33:12 pm »

I think multi-player support would be excellent. I hooked up Goldeneye Source to my 40" Samsung yesterday and it looked incredible.

It was a big part of the Goldeneye experience for me... killing an opponent & then giving them stick! Online isn't quite the same... though I understand it might not be a priority at the moment.

Cheers,
Dan.

DaFees

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 03:36:09 pm »

It will be through cvars for certain, GUI too most likely.

Ok, well I'm doing other things at the moment, but when I have more time this afternoon, I look into these cvars. I've played around with similar stuff in other games like quake3 so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 04:44:04 pm »

If some fucks ported GE:S to console and made it split screen, i would SO buy it just for that. Bit of pipe dream imo though. PC mod is much more realistic to expect thus has happened.

Still 36" LCD TV GE:S for the freaking win baby.

oboe

• Secret Agent
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 06:21:35 pm »

It may be possible after orange box.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 11:29:35 pm »

I'm sure Rare would really like to do it by their selfs, but they couldn`t cause Nintendo still got the Rights on Goldeneye.
So it would be a kind of Backdoor for it.

Other Question: does someone Know if there will be Goldeneye for the Wii Virtual Consol.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are no Rare Games on VC until now. Even DKC 1-3 isn't there, right?
I think chances aren't to good for GE64 on VC.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 11:57:02 pm »

GE64 is the only Rare game I support at all.

DaFees

• Agent
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 12:09:57 am »

...Other Question: does someone Know if there will be Goldeneye for the Wii Virtual Consol.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are no Rare Games on VC until now. Even DKC 1-3 isn't there, right?
I think chances aren't to good for GE64 on VC.

Well to be far you will probably eventually see DKC on the Virtual Console as yes the game(s) was made by Rare, but Nintendo technically owns the rights to Donkey Kong and offsprings there of. As Goldeneye 007 however, the game was made by Rare for a Nintendo console, yet Microsoft has bought out Rare, but then again I think it's activision or some other company that technically owns the rights to the james bond series. So for Goldeneye to appear on the VC might not necessarily be a matter of getting the OK from Microsoft/Rare but maybe the owners of the Bond franchise. To be fair though, I really don't care one way or the other whether goldeneye makes it onto the VC because well I as well as everyone else who owns a source based game has access to this mod, so yea.

On a different note, I noticed that in the beta of this mod you could turn on paintball mode. Is there any plans to include other "cheats" like dk mode, tiny bond, fast / slow animation, turbo mode, no radar, etc.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 12:24:38 am »

DK Mode: Possible, but I wouldn't hold breath on it.
Tiny: More likely than DK.
Turbo: I think we've argued about game speed enough.
No Radar: I came up with a plan for dealing with the pro-skub/anti-skub issue that is radar in an online game, and everyone applauded.

Shaken not Stirred

• 00 Agent
  • Shaken not Stirred is looked down upon.
    • FP.tk
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2007, 12:33:34 am »

GE64 is the only Rare game I support at all.
What about Perfect Dark?

oboe

• Secret Agent
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2007, 12:45:22 am »

What about Perfect Dark?
Are you kidding? Perfect Dark was horrible.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up