GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 24, 2024, 11:49:04 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks!!!  (Read 18574 times)

Peon

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • Peon might someday be someone...Peon might someday be someone...Peon might someday be someone...Peon might someday be someone...
Thanks!!!
« on: August 24, 2007, 10:16:01 am »

I gotta say that the mod rocks. You guys have obviously put a lot content and customization into it. The music is spot on, the maps are fantastic and reactive, and the atmosphere is perfect. It's better than nostalgic because this is superior to the original in every way. It even seems to run good on the server side so far. Just for the hell of it I created a server to walk around in on my (powerful) home PC. After a short while some guy joined in who, I later found out, was from Ireland. Seeing as how I am in Erie, PA, his ping was 140, he said it was running smoothly, and I was playing on the game server I would say that it runs great.

All I gotta do now is figure out how to tweak out the server settings and I'm golden. Thanks again! ;D

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
Re: Thanks!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 05:18:17 pm »

STOKED!
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 01:30:58 am »

It's sure as fuck not superior. Graphically, yes (which is hard not to do with a game from 1997). But I for one can't wait until the mod consists of more than just good atmosphere and pretty graphics. You know, like, playability. Such as a halfway decent weapon balance, and the elimination of some pretty huge bugs.

Damn it, why don't you guys stalk down a few great coders, break their legs, sit em' at a computer and force them to code this game. I'm too impatient!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 01:39:16 am by The Beatles pwn j00! »

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 03:13:09 am »

Would it hurt so bad to have a little tact in criticism?
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 03:37:44 am »

Come on dude, you had valid points, and we acknowledged them.  Now you're just acting like a troll. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 06:18:07 am »

I'm sorry, and I am aware that you guys have the knowledge to know what I'm getting at. I am by nature a rude, and pessimistic being. Coming in and nipping at your ankles at any given opportunity. But I do care. I do indeed care about the fate of this mod. I have so many fond memories of this game... and when somebody comes in cheering at you for making a, and I quote, "superior to the original in every way" game, to THAT game, I get pretty pissed off.

These are the type of people you should gripe at. Not me. I KNOW what makes a game. You know this BETA sucks balls, YOU know it, I know it, and hopefully most of the people that populate this community know it.  Because if they don't, all is lost. If I had the knowledge to program games you better bet on your children's lives I would be here to help anyway I could. But as things stand, I am just a gamer, and that is all. I hope you take my harsh but eloquent words as an asset to your ultimate goal, and not some trivial annoyance. My god I sound pretentious, don't I?

I tend to over-dramatize things. I've got to stop that. BAD BEATLES!

EDIT: I know this is a beta... that's no excuse, given the time spent on this mod, and the following lacking results. I just needed to clarify, since every time I try to bring up these issues in game I usually get responses like, "It's a BETA you faggot cunt, if you don't like it just leave zomg."

Either that, or, "Yeah, it sucks."
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 06:30:18 am by The Beatles pwn j00! »

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 07:46:24 am »

EDIT: I know this is a beta... that's no excuse, given the time spent on this mod, and the following lacking results. I just needed to clarify, since every time I try to bring up these issues in game I usually get responses like, "It's a BETA you faggot cunt, if you don't like it just leave zomg."

one thing you don't know though, is that we have had only 3 coders in 3 years who could actually do the job properly, and as a result the game is unbalanced and has some big bugs

you can read a more eloquent response to a similar criticism to your own here
http://forums.goldeneyesource.com/index.php/topic,847.30.html
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 08:21:30 am »

We appreciate when people come in here and say we did a good job, and we appreciate constructive criticism. We are going to make this mod the best we can, we know that there are problems, and we learn from our mistakes.  People liking the mod isn't going to hurt it, in fact it makes us work harder to make it better.

Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 08:59:29 am »

Removed By Mod. Please read fourm rules or have a 4 week ban.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 08:31:03 pm by Mark [lodle] »

oboe

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • oboe is looked down upon.
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 09:30:32 am »

Yeah, because if every one said 'lol this mod sucks' they would hop on the band wagon and stop. I mean, there's no reason they should make a mod if nobody is going to play it. Never mind doing something because you set out to complete a task, or not giving into peer pressure. Doing something because it will please others is more important than doing it right.

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 08:31:31 pm »

LOL. Im doing this for no one but me. :D

oboe

• Secret Agent
  • oboe is looked down upon.
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 10:18:07 pm »

LOL. Im doing this for no one but me. :D
Well that's one of you, but are you doing it right? That's the real question that remains to be answered. I suppose we'll find out once there's a patch or new beta.

Peon

• Agent
  • Peon might someday be someone...Peon might someday be someone...Peon might someday be someone...Peon might someday be someone...
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 12:01:28 pm »

I don't know wtf that beatles dude's problem is, but it's obvious he was only going to be happy if Rare did the mod. When I said it's superior, I didn't know that I was going to have to justify my statement. You did say the graphics were better, which is obvious with all the new effects. I would say that the sound is better, not that there's a boatload of it anyway. The controls are better because the mouse aims more precisely and faster, and you can now duck and jump. It even has the Source physics engine now, plus paintball mode and License to Kill mode. Incidentally LTK mode eliminates any gun or armor advantages.

As far as having problems with gun balance.....I don't know WTF you are talking about. I am murdering folks very quickly with just about every gun. I will agree that the ZMG provides you with slightly more of an advantage......but again if you hit dudes fast and accurate enough they go down fast no matter what it is.

AND...you said it yourself dumbass, it's a BETA. Of course there's going to be bugs and shiite that's not done....and if you can't be happy with this as a BETA, then you've got some serious mental problems. If you'd like, just name a server you'll be at, and I'll come in and hose you down.

Peon

• Agent
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 12:11:01 pm »

Oh and one more thing...could you blow up generators and knock the lights out in the Caves map in the N64's Goldeneye?...no. Were there glowsticks lying about providing light in Caves?...no. How about bodies falling off of the Cradle?...no again. More proof of superiority is that I'd rather play this version, bug's and all, and I'm a huge Nintendo fan.

Masut

• Agent
  • Masut is looked down upon.
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 02:41:11 pm »

I don't care what anyone says, but if and when this mod gets all levels, models and weapons complete, it WILL be superior to GE 64. And I was a HUGE fan of that game, like many of you. Anyone who tries to compare that game today with this mod is seriously retarded.
This is the future. Your old memories of passed N64 days were all you had left.

Until now.

You know the name. You know the number.

* * * GOLDENEYE 007: SOURCE * * *
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up