GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:29:44 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Bunker Classic (WIP)  (Read 16718 times)

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
Re: Bunker Classic (WIP)
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 06:16:22 pm »

This is really excellent. Just have a quick question though. Is the end of the hallway supposed to be blurry like that? I know this isn't finished, but it never looks blurry at the end of the hall when I play a map. Anyways, amazing job on the map.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 07:20:22 pm »

What you smoking, Willis?
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 11:13:44 pm »

I think he's talking quite specifically about my texture filtering settings, and he's right, I should have turned up my texture filtering before taking these screenshots as I normally use trilinear filtering which can cause this blurry appearence of textures at a distance.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 12:29:04 am »

I think he's talking quite specifically about my texture filtering settings, and he's right, I should have turned up my texture filtering before taking these screenshots as I normally use trilinear filtering which can cause this blurry appearence of textures at a distance.

Yes, that might be the problem. I just looked at it and was really curious lol

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2010, 11:43:37 pm »

Just some more WIP screens for you guys. Enjoy.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2010, 12:27:37 am »

Looks absolutely amazing, love the reflections on pic #2. Keep it up!  :D

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2010, 01:20:46 am »

Needs moar classic crates in the main room, I'm pretty sure the upscaled classic textures for them are already present from facility classic, though I'm pretty sure you're capable of making better ones yourself. Also, you should see if you can put env_explosions tied to the monitors so that they explode on the monitor breaking, that would be sweet.

Looking completely awesome though.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2010, 02:29:48 am »

Hopefully that eye opens to reveal the Goldeneye Key ;)

Looking fantastic though!
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

WNxEuphonic

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!
    • Euphonic.dev
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2010, 02:49:52 am »

Hopefully that eye opens to reveal the Goldeneye Key ;)

Maybe the Devs can put that in the ge_bunker version? I think since this thread is about Mangley's classic bunker he should stick to the GE64 version.

What would be cool is to put the crates, tables, and monitors in where they were in the original campaign version of the map, then put one of the goldeneye keyspawns on the table where it was in the original. That would be sweet!

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2010, 02:52:57 am »

Needs moar classic crates in the main room, I'm pretty sure the upscaled classic textures for them are already present from facility classic, though I'm pretty sure you're capable of making better ones yourself. Also, you should see if you can put env_explosions tied to the monitors so that they explode on the monitor breaking, that would be sweet.

I won't be putting in crates, computers, mainframes or security cameras.. I was originally going to.. but those weren't in the original multiplayer bunker. Also there are places where tables/computers were that are weapon/token spawns in the multiplayer map. The ceiling monitors are explodable... they're the ones from runway. env_explosion doesn't work though.

Oh, ninja'd by euphonic!

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2010, 04:41:31 am »

there is a model in the model list that is a animation of the eye already ;)
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

little 00

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • little 00 has no influence.
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2010, 07:25:29 am »

8) Looks great now my problem is I will eventuality want to compare the n64 version and yours and give my self a   :-\  >:( bad headache with out trying to don't know why I do these things

Let the source be with you (Goldeneye source)

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2010, 07:59:50 pm »

I like the texture work a lot, these look amazing.

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2010, 11:39:07 am »

wow very great work man. ha i just get an idea for a teammodus like offensive and defense. I try to explain what i mean : In the Movie, Ouromov and Xenia can control the GoldenEye in Bunker, and so there are going to fire on Severnaya. So there could be a great teammodus like this : MI6 Team try to defend the GoldenEye Console, and Team Janus try to activate the consol and destroy severnaya. Ha it´s difficult to explain how i mean it. Just an little idea. The Bunker will blow up ^^
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

teekay2010

• Agent
  • teekay2010 has no influence.
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2010, 03:57:33 pm »

Love this! The only thing I would recommend is to edit the texture of the diagonal railings.
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6910/bunkerclassicwip0012.jpg
The lines parallel to the slope of the stairs are fine, but the perpendicular lines should probably be vertical... it just looks a little odd. Also if you could get the sloped lines to match up with the horizontal ones that would probably look better too.

Keep up the great work! Can't wait to play it
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up