GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 12:21:00 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Achievement Ideas  (Read 81090 times)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Achievement Ideas
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2009, 04:41:34 pm »

JcFerggy is a better take on my initial idea. And it also encourages you to have some skill; as you aim for the head, you will almost certainly shoot the hat off, unless you're sniping.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2009, 06:22:31 pm »

For England, James is already taken... Achievement names can't change between unachieved/achieved.

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2009, 07:30:02 pm »

That would be cool if it could though.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2009, 09:59:38 am »

In the meantime I though of another two:

On Her Majesty's Secret Service: as Bond, kill every single Bond villain at least once. (you can change the name on this one, it doesn't sound too good to me, but that's all I have for the moment)

Pea shooter: kill X enemies using only a silenced PP7. (whether it's on LTK or not, just to make our work easier...).

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2009, 09:35:21 pm »

Pea shooter? I dunno which Walther firearm the PP7 was directly copying, but if it's the one in .380 APC... that round will put a hole in your brain bigger then 800 grams of meth. I totally forget what the hell he uses in Goldeneye though.. so if it's like a .177 with a locked slide, then maybe pea shooter is quite appropriate.
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2009, 09:47:56 pm »

Depends on the film.  In Goldeneye, the PPK is 7.65mm/.32ACP, since that calibre of PPK uses a seven-round magazine.  In Man With the Golden Gun, Moore says in dialog that he has six.  The .380 version of PPK carries a magazine of six.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2009, 10:08:07 pm »

Pea shooter?

http://www.goldeneyeforever.com/goldeneye_terminology

Scroll down to the middle of the page and you'll understand why I called it pea shooter.

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2009, 10:08:51 pm »

Ah ok. Sweetness. Sorry.
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2009, 01:26:01 pm »

Ah ok. Sweetness. Sorry.

No problem. No need to apologize.

EDIT: Another ones (when the Moonraker laser is fully operational):

IMMA CHARGIN' MAH LAZOR!!!1!: kill X people using the Moonraker laser.

Gone with the wind: shoot X players off the cradle in ge_cradle (duh! ::))
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 04:59:25 pm by PPK »

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2009, 07:10:03 pm »

I think a better explanation for Gone With the Wind would be "Kill someone while falling off the Cradle".

Ratdart

• Agent
  • Ratdart has no influence.
    • Texas Militia
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2009, 07:54:53 pm »

I think a better explanation for Gone With the Wind would be "Kill someone while falling off the Cradle".

Agreed.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2009, 09:16:03 pm »

Yes, perhaps it will make the achievement a little more difficult, given that the physics in GE:S are a bit exaggerated...

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2009, 09:17:58 pm »

Who's getting shot? The fall-er or the fall-ee? Because I AuG'd a guy who jumped off once.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2009, 09:29:43 pm »

The one who's falling is shooting someone who is in the cradle itself.
And damn, that was a quick response!

Cannon fodder: kill X (a large number, preferentially) of people using double RCP90's (when dual-wielding is implemented and if it is implemented for such a powerful gun).

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2009, 09:40:46 pm »

Doubles should be availiable for everything that was dualed in the original. Goldeneye damage system means duals is about having more ammunition, not getting more damage.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up