GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:09:52 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amateur people can't join the mod???  (Read 10751 times)

Koyasha

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Koyasha has no influence.
Amateur people can't join the mod???
« on: December 27, 2011, 10:08:47 am »

Well, Im Jennifer Lian, I love games in general,

Id never studied game develpment, but I do have the ability to "improvise" and I am able to do lots of things by reaserching, one way or another I always figure out how to do it

I made several maps for a Monolith game called, No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way, one which is a replica of Goldeneye 007 Bunker!!! I know it lacks some detail, and its not totally polished, but at the time I released it I was lacking time and wanted to play it with my friends

as you can see from my YT channel, it used a total different editor than Source, but I messed with Source to rip off things from HL2 to bring them to NOLF2 lol

I learned it all alone, and made all textures by myself, video lags a bit because of the recording, but the map is lag free,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEFf-LK9oCk&feature=related

I also made this other one, and some other maps for the same game...all maps I made were based on big terrain, except Bunker which is totally indoor...in this one, the terrain is my own geometry

And many skin textures for The Sims 2 and Lineage 2, and modelling using Maya, but I cant do animation!!!! Only modelling and texturing!!!

I like to work mostly with my own material, like my own textures and make everything by myself, and I do it for fun, but I put some effort to make it look nice to me before release

I will post more stuff later

I really love Goldeneye 007 from N64 (and I do think the remake one sucks too much) and id like to apply to bring some classic character models into the game, if I am allowed, I can model and texture them, so I was thinking in make a model for Jenny Flex and other classic henchmen

later I will post pictures of other works, mostly character skins

software I use:

Adobe Photoshop
Maya
any game tools I am able to

so, how can I help developing stuff?

later I post an example of my texture characters from TS2, I cannot login in my account now to take a screenshot, it seems down
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 10:29:14 am by Koyasha »

Koyasha

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Koyasha has no influence.
Re: Amateur people can't join the mod???
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 11:08:14 am »

these are example of my PS skin texture abilities, but I can do basic modelling on Maya too (character and not very complex objects), and thats what I wanna do!!! Models for Jenny Flex and Rosa Klebb I have in mind!!!

That is Cate Archer (Spy from NOLF series) skin outfit for TS2, and there I made most of my character works

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 12:40:13 pm »

I'd recommend working on some community material. Once people here know you well enough and you produce good material, who knows :)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 02:43:40 pm »

Yep, community content is the way to go! It's a good way to get an understanding of how to produce content in Source and also get feedback from us. We're very supportive of third-party content, we can offer advice, ideas and criticism on how to improve the performance/visuals/gameplay/balance on maps, We also offer to help test third-party maps for GE:S before they release publically. Custom maps in the community can often become as popular as official maps. This has been the case in the past many times.

When and if you feel you're ready you can always make a thread in the "Join Us" section and apply for a position on the team.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 10:36:32 pm »

Holy shit, a NOLF fan! I love those games! That's some nice stuff you have got there.

I'd like to see what you can come up with in Source.
Pages: [1]   Go Up