GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 01:40:20 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pwn your self in complex_classic  (Read 4754 times)

thedarksniper

pwn your self in complex_classic
« on: March 09, 2009, 09:09:51 pm »

hey
i have done this on three diffrent computers all runing ge:s 3.0b,

in complex_classic level
in the room on the top floor that overlooks 2 ramps, if you go as close as you can to the red barrier (for lack of better words) and jump twice, wait a second and TADA you just killed your self, but it gets better...after you respawn, go back to the room and your dead body is still there and will not disapeer, you can shoot it as much as you want (i put 1600 rounds into "me" when i first found it)

i would post screen shots here but i have a full HD 24" monitor and my screen shots are 2.4 MB each and that is too large for the upload so i put them on my windows skydrive http://cid-ce6b720c68331d19.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/goldeneye%20scource?authkey=jrMFKFvPB08%24

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Re: pwn your self in complex_classic
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 09:13:20 pm »

thedarksniper

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 09:18:14 pm »

ok sorry for posting old news my bad

thedarksniper

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 09:53:20 pm »

i looked but didnt find any thing on a thing i just found,

in the complex level,

if you get throwing knives and throw them at the wall they fall to the floor and slide across the floor to the other wall or you can puck them back up

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 09:59:21 pm »

i looked but didnt find any thing on a thing i just found,

in the complex level,

if you get throwing knives and throw them at the wall they fall to the floor and slide across the floor to the other wall or you can puck them back up

There is a hideout there, near the vent.Hence the knives going through the wall. Guess that's what you are talking about, since I can't see the images in a bigger size. My browser won't get the attachments. Guess I'll have to smack him hard and teach him who is in charge.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 10:11:37 pm by PPK »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 10:14:54 pm »

This is really odd, but funny glitch..

Good catch, trying to see what causes it... and if any other maps
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

thedarksniper

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 12:01:05 am »

ok so far here is what i have,

in archives
there is one wall that isnt textured right ( i donno what you would call it but after looking at the pic you will see what i mean)

also there is a knife glitch on the horizontal pipes on the wall

in complex_classic knives go down the ramps but not the walls

and in control, if you throw a knife at the computer screens the screen breaks but the knife dissapears works on any part of the monitor

and i got a console readout and i am no game designer or programmer if you cant read it ill take a better one with my camera and upload it

ps and yeah ppk, i knew about the hideout there, i still own and rock out on my original N64 with 007 golden eye and sometimes ill bring out my game shark for fun

« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 12:04:52 am by thedarksniper »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 01:13:17 am »

HAHA that knife glitch has nothing to do with the maps themselves, per se.

It happens if a falling knife hits a prop that doesn't stop it's downward movement entirely (read shoves it out of the way) and that shove force remains imparted on the knife so it slides along the floor.

I tried fixing it a while ago to no avail (clearly) and it happens so infrequently and doesn't make a lick of difference that I didn't invest anymore time in it. Good find!

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 02:20:38 am »

condump
In console dumps the entire console into a text file in your GES folder or ny other game folder cstrike etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up