GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:37:46 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Some Other Section  (Read 34323 times)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: Some Other Section
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 11:57:15 pm »

I think just put his rules on the wiki, cleaned up to be professional. He's the best player in the world and hes a dev, so its documentation really :P

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 12:23:15 am »

but there is no need to make up things just to put on there. Sure section saying what "GG" and like "AUG" means is fine, but to make up lingo that no one will use is.... Stupid.

Like having a part that says " I'm B a N or your moms F tonight". Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. And I've said that ingame multiple times.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 12:26:47 am »

Who said we were going to make things up? "You got Cougared" may not have been a good example, but you get the point.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 12:31:18 am »

Does that mean people should not refer to the Gold and Silver PP7's as the AuPP7 and the AgPP7

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 12:32:41 am »

AuG.  AUG is a weapon not found in Goldeneye.

I'm buying a nectarine or your mom's frock tonight?

People shouldn't. But I do whatever I want.  If I didn't, people would get nervous. And rightly so.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 01:55:33 am »

Like having a part that says " I'm B a N or your moms F tonight".

I'm busting a nut on your moms fat tonight ?

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 01:57:39 am »

replace fat with fanny. In both incarnations of the word "fanny" this hits the motherload.

puns intended

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 01:59:33 am »

lmao

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009, 11:30:04 am »

people actually say fanny?
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2009, 12:46:50 pm »

Hmmm.... i think adding a section like this to the wiki won't solve the problem of ppl don't understand thinks like LtK.
Do you ready anything about a mod before you go and join a server, or are you just downloading the mod and play it?
Even if it would be included in the MOTD most ppl won't read it. At least i sometimes get the impression when they start doing BS on our servers.
Things like AuG, AuPP7, AgPP7 doesn't need to be explained, you just need a little knowledge of chemistry to understand this and i think every1 who's allowed to play this game by the law of his/her country (18+ in germany and i think at least 15+ in other Countries), should have this knowledge.

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2009, 04:15:17 pm »

You seem to over-estimate the USican indoctrination system. Chemistry class is about surviving a term without eating the pretty blue crystals or catching on fire by reaching over a burner. 
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2009, 04:25:12 pm »

Even if you DO happen to catch on fire, lets hope your lab partner is still awake to smack the shit out of your arm before you die.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2009, 04:57:51 pm »

They'll be busy playing with mercury, eating the blue crystals, or drawing on the big periodic chart to make it look like a garden with a big sun over helium becuase the sun is where helium comes from.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2009, 05:10:39 pm »

Who said we were going to make things up? "You got Cougared" may not have been a good example, but you get the point.

Yes, it wasn't the brightest example, nor the most adequate for the case. I was in a rush when I wrote that.

Hmmm.... i think adding a section like this to the wiki won't solve the problem of ppl don't understand thinks like LtK.
Do you ready anything about a mod before you go and join a server, or are you just downloading the mod and play it?
Even if it would be included in the MOTD most ppl won't read it. At least i sometimes get the impression when they start doing BS on our servers.

But people should read things before they download them, as they should read the MOTD before playing on a server; in fact, not reading the MOTD might get you banned (worst case scenario).
If we would assume people don't read this, or don't read that, or don't use certain weapons in-game, then we wouldn't make them and that simply doesn't make sense. The purpose of the wiki is to provide information about the mod and that's what my suggestion is doing; so that some moron doesn't go to a server and gets killed with one bullet and starts screaming (i.e typing in capital letters) that player A or player B is cheating because said player killed him with one shot. That way, they can read the server tags or the server name and identify the acronym. Note that LTK is merely an example.

Another thing that could also be included is some sort of rules of conduct. We all know it may sound futile, but we also want to contribute to a healthy gaming experience; we don't want people to go around like they do in CS (you know exactly what I mean with this example). You said that yourself, kraid.

It is all for now. Hope my suggestions were useful in some way.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 05:13:06 pm by PPK »

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009, 05:17:06 pm »

why not just smoke the blue crystals?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up