GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:14:38 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Programmer  (Read 6820 times)

Arkamist

Programmer
« on: October 19, 2008, 03:34:39 am »

Hello,

I'd like to help out. I have VS2005, experience with source control (SVN, CVS, Perforce, VSS), and have completed the programming and level tutorials. I haven't dabbled in the Source engine before, but most of the concepts are familiar to me. I've done quite a bit of work on games in the past, from puzzle, to space shooter to first person. I tend to gravitate more towards algorithms and shader effects, but I'm open to anything.

Check out the pocketpc ARM source for an example of my porting work. The stuff I did is enclosed in #ifdefs to separate it from the desktop OpenGL stuff.
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=91993&package_id=97123&release_id=240258
I was also a member of the team that developed Solterra for the PC and PocketPC.
http://www.blacksmithstudios.com/

My day job is as an engineer for a major hardware company developing DirectX drivers. I'm also a college grad (2005).

As far as time goes, I can offer many evenings after work and occasionally some weekend time.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

You can get in touch with me through AIM: Arkamist
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 03:37:41 am by Arkamist »

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: Programmer
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 06:43:19 pm »

I'm not sure if all the developers ignored you or what...but they didn't say anything. Are you still waiting around for a response?

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 06:58:49 pm »

We're waiting for KM (our lead programmer) to come check it out.  He's pretty busy right now, but he should be by soon.  He's the guy who will need to review your app. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 07:00:27 pm by Konrad Beerbaum »
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Arkamist

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 08:10:49 pm »

Thanks for the heads up :)

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 09:54:43 pm »

wow sorry we missed your app man, as he said, we are waiting on KM

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 04:32:50 am »

Hey, I will have to entertain the trial guys this weekend, I am strapped for this week (test tomorrow and two hw's due friday and a research demo on thursday) so I'll catch you later. I would download the source SDK for now and check out the complexity of the source engine.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 08:10:23 am »

And you can contact me on to keep u in the loop man

AIM: SharpSh00tah
MSN: Jebsistem@hotmail.com

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 03:42:08 am »

All we really need is someone that can devote about 10 hours a week to a particular project within the project. I have a lot of loose ends that I am currently tying up in the code and could use the help.

Super lead developer please bump him to trial.

Please note that your trial will be a COMPETITION between you and the other trial programmer as we only need one at the moment. So if you do not like this or you don't think you can commit the time to the mod please come back later. Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up