GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:41:53 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Second Amendment My Ass [Text Walls and Discussion]  (Read 39319 times)

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Second Amendment My Ass [Text Walls and Discussion]
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 05:32:07 am »

I see hunting not as a sport so much, I'd never hunt for fun per se but only for a food source. Deer here are very abundant, I see a deer crossing the road ALL around town everyday. I like deer meat, jerky, all of that. So hunting here is not so bad as it is sort of a keeping overpopulation down, and for the food source. I also like long range shooting(nothing like a Rem700 30-06 ;) ).

I've also witnessed home defense first hand, so I know the importance on training and practice of weapons. Not everyone needs military training to know how to handle a weapon(even though in this case it was), but I strongly advocate that anyone who owns a weapon SPECIALLY for home defense that they know how to operate and use that weapon in any scenario.

I do not purchase weapons for fun. I purchase weapons for specific reasons. I don't own a gun just cause its big and loud, all have a reason. example, shotgun for home defense, pistol for carry/home defense, rifle for hunting/long range target, and a practice/target pistol for keep and honing skills often.   

« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 06:16:25 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: Second Amendment My Ass [Text Walls and Discussion]
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2012, 02:50:28 am »

<---- Episode of the west wing sums it up for me.

I don't deny the argument of urban cities with gangs and crime being the cause, but I
do think its weak to just let that situation continue. Yet I also consider it weak to say
the government should make extra prevention laws that the arguments against are fairly
sound.

What I don't understand is why the patriot act hasn't been used to stop inner city crime.
Basically a government militia is possible to protect the country? If the same amount of
intelligence resources were put to who have the guns (illegally) as to the barely existent
threat of outside attack, it would take maybe 5 years to show the criminals how fucked
they are if they continue to use guns. If homeland security extended to protecting citizens
from killing each other, things might improve.

But I think the government wants the chaos to continue, that way police officers can have
jobs (purpose). Knowing that 20,000 people die in gun deaths per year is just a fear inducing
stat, coming across as a fact of life and not even a "problem to solve" anymore.

anti-gun groups are just as nutty as environmental groups, so you can't take them seriously
when they rail against the NRA (in what comes across as lunatic protest) and claim no one
should own guns.

I guess personally I believe a psych evaluation should be done for those wanting guns just
because... Just once like a physical is required for getting certain jobs. What the hell is wrong
with that? You will know based on a background check and psych evaluation whether someone
has the right to get machine guns for recreation, and be permitted to carry pistols at all times,
etc.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up