GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 03:55:37 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Server Hangs at end screen  (Read 5168 times)

tg99

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • tg99 barely matters.tg99 barely matters.
    • Tactical Gaming
Server Hangs at end screen
« on: August 04, 2012, 07:02:02 am »

Our server Tactical Gaming v4.2 is not aollowing me to change maps from the sm admin it is hanging from the end load screen and will not change at all any ideas?

« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 07:08:59 am by tg99 »
Signed:Media Department of Tactical Gaming,
Part of Department of Public Relations
Web: http://www.tacticalgaming.org

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Server Hangs at end screen
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 10:20:03 am »

Hmm... there might possibly be some incompatibility? We no longer use the changelevel command, instead there's the ge_endmatch <mapname> command which executes the round report and match report and then changes level.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 02:33:31 pm »

Not entirely true Mangley, we do use the changelevel command.... it will invoke an endmatch sequence now instead of instantly changing the level. You might be getting stuck in a loop in that case. Please use the changelevel command like this:

changelevel [level_name] 0

the 0 at the end means "Change it now, don't do any theatrics"

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 07:14:35 pm »

I am having this same issue.  I use the SM panel to select a map, round ends, match ends, hangs.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 07:22:04 pm »

did you even try the fix I suggested? We don't support any admin server mod officially, so all issues are up to you to resolve. sorry

Troy

• 00 Agent
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 01:14:34 am »

You can't invoke a 0 unless you type this into console.  Sourcemod has an option where you can change levels through the menu.  This is what we're referring to.  Also, the same happens with other level changing plugins.  There were no issues with 4.1.  Therefore, it is a problem with 4.2.

- To further what we are talking about, the round ends, shows the round report, match ends, shows the match report, and the game hangs.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 01:17:14 am by Troy »

tg99

• Agent
    • Tactical Gaming
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 01:22:11 am »

did you even try the fix I suggested? We don't support any admin server mod officially, so all issues are up to you to resolve. sorry

wait a minute this was not an issue in the 4.1 this is a bug and i do not appreciate how you are coming acrosed, I waited for the long months and waited and waited and the product is done and now you want to say you do not support nor help with the SM mod when in fact there was NOT a single issue with this mod in 4.1 ... That is really cocky and i do not appreciate it, I have a 20 man server and i have been promoting this mod since i started using it. This is the thanks i get from the developers

Excidium

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Excidium barely matters.Excidium barely matters.
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 02:31:34 am »

Yes Sourcemod has always had a base admin panel and it has always worked for ges, not atm tho...this means no map voting no rtv or nominate options.  Really a server hinder imo...hence this forces ppl to go off the mapcycle.txt ....all SMs are uptodate as well and even tested on older versions of SM that worked correctly 4.1 and b4. Console changelevel map name works correctly...cycles round end and match end which is good for stats imo cause the overall winner recieves the awards instead of cutting it off ....changelevel mapname 0 works instanty yes but there needs to be an admin 24 7 to do this.....and cant let the server run automode with voting....I mean clients are stuck with what the server is doing....and ppl like to change things up if everyone agrees on a change in mode or map.   ALSO  trying to run teams off the SM admin panel does the Hang as well, just a heads up
 :'(
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 02:43:56 am by Excidium »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 04:00:56 am »

As I recall, these mods use hacked up binary pointers in the dll to call functions directly. Might these need to be updated?

Also, the way the bug was first described made it sound like it was a configuration issue.

Excidium

• Agent
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 04:08:14 am »

I just updated to Latest SM version 1.4.4 hmm  will look into it some more and poke around on sourcemod forums and get back on this.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 09:33:31 am »

I have the latest SM, and it's the same issue when I change levels.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 12:45:41 pm »

Can someone zip up their SM configuration and post it on dropbox or whatever for me? I cannot fix this unless I am running the same environment as you guys are. Thanks!

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 01:44:33 pm »

I would but I have more than just the SM bare bones.  If you just download SM and MM, and try to change levels with the menu panel, you will see what we're talking about.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 05:11:14 pm »

Good news!

Thanks to Troy I have fixed this issue (along with a lot of other issues today). I will be releasing a patch for servers tonight.

tg99

• Agent
    • Tactical Gaming
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 01:25:03 am »

Good news!

Thanks to Troy I have fixed this issue (along with a lot of other issues today). I will be releasing a patch for servers tonight.

w/e

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 01:32:24 am »

w/e?

I need to tweak CTK a little so this will be out tomorrow. Thanks for the patience.

Excidium

• Agent
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 01:56:24 am »

No probs,  thanks for looking into this!

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 02:32:58 am »

The patch sounds good. Just remember, the longer you wait, the more bugs that will come up.  Then instead of releasing multiple patches, you could just release one solid patch. ;)

tg99

• Agent
    • Tactical Gaming
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 12:07:42 pm »

So i just read that this was fixed but there is no patch post or updatE?

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 01:25:02 pm »

So i just read that this was fixed but there is no patch post or updatE?

it's coming soon
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 01:39:00 pm »

The update will be out tonight

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 01:55:32 pm »

A bit off-topic, But was an auto-updater implemented in 4.2?

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 03:35:04 pm »

No
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up