GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:11:47 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem running map  (Read 3410 times)

aaronmarsh632

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • aaronmarsh632 has no influence.
problem running map
« on: October 11, 2011, 03:31:42 pm »

Hi, i'm creating a map for ges but im having problems running it. I have my hammer setup and it has been working on-and-off. I have the appid set to 440 whilst editing else i cant see the wireframes. The game wont run if its set to 440 so ill save the map and close hammer, then ill edit the app id to 218 then open hammer again and run the map - or thats the plan but the game just wont run, it freezes on the compile process window and says...

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (May 19 2009)
2 Threads

If I try and click anything it freezes and I have to exit hammer in task manager. I also get the same error if I have the appid set to 440. It has actually worked in the past but I don't know with what settings.

please can anyone help?

Thanks

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: problem running map
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 04:25:57 pm »

Make sure you are using Source SDK 2007, not 2009
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

aaronmarsh632

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • aaronmarsh632 has no influence.
Re: problem running map
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 04:48:07 pm »

thanks this worked a treat, I actually recall someone mensioning this in a previous help thread which i had forgotten about.

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up