GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:03:56 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [NOTABUG] Sprites drawn as boxes  (Read 14307 times)

ThEDeaDKenNedY

[NOTABUG] Sprites drawn as boxes
« on: May 02, 2009, 06:25:00 pm »

Whenever I shoot someone, little hitboxes fly out of them in various colors and sizes. Also, whenever I play cradle, random red lines shoot across the screen. Here are some screenies:

« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 12:15:37 am by killermonkey »

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
Re: [BIG BUG] Random hitbox display
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 08:36:38 pm »

Are you running on something below Directx 8.0?

It looks like a similar issue I used to have when I ran Beta 1.x on Directx 6.0. Or it may be graphics-drivers related. I would think that the red lines means that your graphics card is being pushed to its limits/overheating.

What kind of card are you using?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 08:38:11 pm by The SSL »
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 10:13:58 pm »

It's their shield taking damage.
Wait...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 11:21:36 pm by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

JamesBondMan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • JamesBondMan is looked down upon.
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 11:07:30 pm »

Do you suppose that if you smacked people with the klobb, it would be more effective?
Happines is a warm gun.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
[NOTABUG] Sprites drawn as boxes
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 12:14:43 am »

This is not a bug. This is your computer. You need to do the following:

1. Upgrade Graphics Driver
2. NOT overclock your graphics card
3. Check for large amounts of dust in your graphics card
4. Reinstall Windows

4 is obviously a last resort, but if it's a directx problem this is most likely where you will have to go or else upgrade directx (if you can)

This can also be do to any hacks you installed on your HL2 distro. These are sprites that you are seeing as the squares, not hitboxes. They are the sprites for blood effects.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 12:16:49 am by killermonkey »

ThEDeaDKenNedY

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 01:47:04 am »

Are you running on something below Directx 8.0?

It looks like a similar issue I used to have when I ran Beta 1.x on Directx 6.0. Or it may be graphics-drivers related. I would think that the red lines means that your graphics card is being pushed to its limits/overheating.

What kind of card are you using?

im using an Nvidea Gforce 4MX series... it kinda sucks  ;D

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
Re: [NOTABUG] Sprites drawn as boxes
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 06:31:01 am »

Its the particle effects not rendering properly (its rendering the outline of the sprite)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 07:47:11 am »

holy crap....a geforce 4 mx series card??? I had that card 2 computers ago :) I remember when that card used to be the pinnacle of cards. :) I played deus ex, blood rayne, avp2 and all sorts of games with it. It ran so nicely. Unfortunately, looks like you will need to get a new card man. :D I would think you would deserve it by now. Heck, you can buy a geforce 7200 GS for 25 bucks on newegg which would be better than that card now....haha

curious...what settings and frame rates do you get with that on orange box games?

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

ThEDeaDKenNedY

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 10:50:09 pm »

holy crap....a geforce 4 mx series card??? I had that card 2 computers ago :) I remember when that card used to be the pinnacle of cards. :) I played deus ex, blood rayne, avp2 and all sorts of games with it. It ran so nicely. Unfortunately, looks like you will need to get a new card man. :D I would think you would deserve it by now. Heck, you can buy a geforce 7200 GS for 25 bucks on newegg which would be better than that card now....haha

curious...what settings and frame rates do you get with that on orange box games?

I get 40-50 fps on counter-strike source lol have not measured framerate on any other games...

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 11:18:57 pm »

Yes thats your gfx crd being poop i am afraid.  DX 8 should solve it and maybe r_dopixelvisibility 0
Pages: [1]   Go Up