GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:24:48 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: JcFerggy's Blog #1: More snow than Runway!  (Read 8371 times)

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
JcFerggy's Blog #1: More snow than Runway!
« on: January 29, 2010, 07:14:11 pm »

So this is my first blog, and I basically decided to do it because class got canceled thanks to the blizzard outside. First off I want to talk about the Wiki. I have been working on it behind the scenes for a bit now. By the looks of it, it should be ready for the Beta 4 release, whenever that is :P

To start off I’ll talk about how I got on the team. Back before beta 3 was released, the wiki was unorganized and in a mess. The main page was hard to follow, half of the map pages had no content, and there was just no flow. When I applied, I was given roughly 2 weeks to fix it up for the Beta 3 release.  My final result was something better than what we had, but still sorta cumbersome to use.

Beta 1 Wiki

For beta 4, I decided to change the wiki to flow with the rest of our site. We have a skin that matches the forum and ModDB page now. The main page is easier to follow, and there is going to be more information on each of the key pages. Right now I’m stuck on the idea of unlocking the key pages like maps and weapons for users to input information. It would help ease the load on me and the other devs so they can continue working away on more important things, but then again I can imagine people bitching about inspiration for weapons, and areas for the maps, or just vandalizing the pages. With all things considered though, proper moderating would be the best thing if it does happen.

New Beta 4 Wiki

With the update also comes a new look for some of the pages. Most of you should recognize the map list shown below, but you’ll be surprised to find out that it is our new map menu (Wiki only, but would be kick ass for the mod). When you hover over an image, and it lights up in color, though this is just a teaser with it all grayed out. There is also one made for the Classic Maps, and similar pages are being made for Characters and Weapons, but nothing is final yet.

Map List

Finally, to end on a funny note, I took this screen shot when I was getting the face shots for the Characters select. Somehow we managed to completely fuck over 006. He almost looks as good as he did after the explosion :P

Durr Hurr

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
Re: JcFerggy's Blog #1: More snow than Runway!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 07:54:57 pm »

Haha nice, 006 is lookin' fresh!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 08:27:38 pm »

That was a hot blog ferg. I love your concept of the wiki. True genius. Looks SO much better. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

JcFerggy

• JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 09:04:02 pm »

Concept? I have everything working the way I want.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 09:20:32 pm »

I especially love the maplist.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 10:00:09 pm »

Top notch!

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 10:21:01 pm »

Ok that is realy cool! Thanks Jc. :-)
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 10:35:46 pm »

looks very good :) well done
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 11:17:51 pm »

Concept? I have everything working the way I want.

By concept, i mean like "concept of thinking". AKA you kick ass at making a wiki look great. AKA YOU ARE THE BOSS :) Does that clarify things a little bit?

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

JcFerggy

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 11:57:39 pm »

No, it needs more nacho cheese.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 04:24:11 am »

No, it needs more nacho cheese.

Okay, now your taco is just glowing...

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 05:18:22 am »

Nice implementation of the map list. Nostalgia = good. :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 05:19:57 am by Sergeant Kelly »

RobbeR49

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • RobbeR49 has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 11:10:10 pm »

I was actually thinking of the old map list the other day and how it would be kinda neat if it was the background during server map changes, highlighting the upcoming map. But of course it works great for the wiki as well.

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2010, 11:12:03 pm »

my poor model lol
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2010, 11:30:24 pm »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2010, 11:36:03 pm »

rofl, awesome call. I knew it reminded me of something epic.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up